Chapter Seven

I was sat in the living room with my feet on the coffee table. I only had a few more hours until my fight. Until then, I decided to text Kellin.

Are you at the pub yet? -V

Well that was a dumb question, the fight isn't until eleven and it's only, like, nine. Nevertheless though he responded.

Nope, I'm at the house. Come get me? -K

I had just seen him a few hours prior but I was bored as shit and Jaime wasn't going to come home any time soon.

Yeah, I'll be there soon. -V

I slid my phone into my pocket and grabbed my keys off of the kitchen table before getting a bottle of water out of the fridge to take with me.

The drive to Kellin's wasn't a long one. I couldn't necessarily drink either because I had the fight at eleven. Maybe I could just talk with Kellin or get to know him or something.

Rain drops started hitting my windshield for the millionth time this week.

Does it ever fucking end?

My guess was no because not long after it started raining even harder.

And to top it all off I had to knock on Kellin's door. I texted him, but that bitch didn't answer. Fucking hell Quinn. My SnapBack was on my head and was barely shielding me from the rain as I went up and knocked.

Through the rain I could hear something crash followed by yelling just like before, except this time I was outside the house and not in mine.

I didn't know whether I wanted to intrude or not. In the end, I slowly turned the knob only to have the door swing open the rest of the way.

I was caught. Shit.

The man at the door looked me up and down skeptically, his hazel eyes judging me. His nose scrunched up at me in disgust. Who the fuck does he think he is?

"And who might you be?" His voice was deep and cold, but it didn't scare me.

"He's my friend. Now leave him alone Carter." Kellin seethed at him then sent a glare my way. The guy with the fixed up blonde hair and lip piercing gritted his teeth. Or Carter, I guess. His fists clenched by his side and his posture was rigid, a conflicted look passed between his eyes.

What I immediately noticed about this guy was the several tattoos he had crawling down his arms, and of course the lip piercing.

I noticed Kellin's lip was busted and he had a few scratches on his neck. His lip was bleeding and the cut looked bad but that didn't stop Carter from staring me down. He didn't care whether or not he knew that I knew he abused Kellin.

It had to be him.

"Who's this then Kellin? Your new boyfriend?" Kellin glanced nervously at me then back to Carter. Then I noticed the ring on Carter's finger.

Is Kellin engaged? Holy fucking shit. I never saw a ring on Kellin, but then again I never really wore my ring.

"What the fuck are you talking about man? I'm straight." I played it off as natural. It isn't the first time I claimed to be straight. Kellin visibly relaxed next to Carter and Carter's stance did too.

"Oh, sorry dude. It isn't the first time I thought Kellin was cheating." Kellin looked away and at me. His eyes were pleading me to take him away from here. Carter looked at Kellin with a glare, his anger rising. Carter clearly didn't like how Kellin looked at me.

Possessive much, bitch?

"Well, uh, me and Kellin were actually just gonna go for a few drinks. I've been having a hard time with my girlfriend and I needed someone to talk to." This Carter guy looked at me again, he dragged his eyes up and down my body before settling with a grim expression on his face.