Chapter Ten

Kellin's P.O.V

After I had waved goodbye to Vic, I continued walking up the steps. I heard his car drive off once my hand latched onto the knob.

With one swift turn of my wrist, I pulled open the door. It was unlocked. The house was quiet, too quiet. And, as I stepped into the living room, I realized why.

There were several bottles of beer sprawled out and across the table. They were littered across the floor too. That didn't shock me, although it should've. There were also bottles of liquor on the table, the amber liquid gleaming viciously at me in the afternoon light. Vivid memories hit me, blow after blow. Each one stronger than the last.

The shot glasses glittered on the table, glinting at me. I shut my eyes, wishing the thoughts away. I did everything in my willpower to hide my past only for Carter to let it resurface.

I stumbled slightly, leaning against the doorframe. I squeezed my eyes shut, my heart beat thumping loudly in my ears. My breathing was quickening until I counted to three in my head. I did my breathing methods.

In and out.

My breath had come back, my heart beat slowed to a normal one. I regained my balance and opened my eyes.

Everything was still the same.

I kept my gaze on the center of the living room. Not the beer bottles, or the shot glasses.

But on the two pairs of legs entwined together on the couch. And the steady rise and fall of the two chests.

My eyes followed up the long pair of legs. Then they met the dark red material covering the two of them. Then their chests and lastly their faces.

That's why I wasn't in shock earlier. Because my eyes had scanned the room and immediately settled on the two people on the couch.

Carter's hair was tousled and his mouth was agape, eyes closed peacefully. The other man was sleeping with his mouth closed.

The light from the hallway illuminated their faces for me, a long shadow casted over them. The man he was sleeping with had brown, almost black, messy hair.

I didn't want to wake them up, but I should have. I just let the tears pool in my eyes. I took a quick picture for evidence and left the house.

I slammed the door on my way out.

Hopefully that woke them up.

My feet had a dull ache in them as I ran. The tears fell endlessly down my cheeks, dampening my neck in the process. The chilly wind that had sprouted whipped my hair in different directions and hit my cheeks.

I didn't stop running, I ran down a block or two, past the stupid bar, and to Vic's house.

I banged my knuckles to his door rapidly, my breathing hard.

Vic opened the door with an annoyed look on his face and his cellphone in between his shoulder and ear. His face fell though when he saw the state I was in.

"Eddie, I'll have to call you back. Bye." He hung his phone up without a second thought and threw it behind him on the couch.

"Kellin, what happened? Babe, oh my God. Come here," He took my cheeks in his hands and pulled me closer as he wiped off my tears with his thumbs.

We went inside his house and he led me to the couch.

I sat on the end but he pulled me closer so that our knees and arms were touching.

"Kells, I need you to tell me what happened." Vic whispered to me as he held me.

"H-he was sl-sleeping o-on...a-nd t-the ma-n...the b-bottles..." I shuddered as images of what I had just seen came back at me. He shushed me as we swayed back and forth. Sobs racked my body uncontrollably. My heart felt like it was expanding in my rib cage until it would explode. Essentially, destroying it.