The Totem Allience

My vacation week passed faster than I expected. I spent the whole time hiking around the mountain range, Grian sometimes joining me. On the last day, Mumbo had decided to have all of the Boatem Crew go for a sail.

I sat on the couch on the back of the corporate luxury speedboat, wearing sunglasses and relaxing as the ocean spray cast mist over the boat. Scott steered the boat, much to Mumbos disapproval. We had already tipped over multiple times.

Mumbo had changed into a Hawaiian flower shirt, tan shorts, sunglasses, a dog tag, and sandals. Grian wore a red pair of shorts, and Scar had refused to change out of his topphat. I wore a simple sundress. Grian plopped down next to me, a massive smile on his face.

"I can't believe this thing was just sitting in a cave in perfect condition. The Watchers really went all-out this round, didn't they?" He asked. I gave him a look.

"I wouldn't know. This is my first one. Now, relax. No more talk about Watchers. Just think about the future of Boatem and our people. Alright?" I said. He chuckled.

"This week has definitely helped you. Do it more often." He said, grabbing two cold beers from the cooler. He handed me one, pulling the tab with a satisfying hiss. Mumbo and Scar walked up to us, grabbing some for themselves.

"To the future of Boatem." Grian said, lifting his can.

"To the future of Boatem!" We yelled, taking deep drinks. It burned on the way down, and I took a little sip the next time around.

We joked around for hours, laughing as the cooler slowly emptied. I only took one, while Mumbo and Grian took the most. Scott had refused one, having way too much fun whipping the boat around. Mumbo grabbed the last two.

"Who can drink an entire cam faster than me?" He slurred. Grian stood, and almost fell. He and Scar giggled crazily, and I just smiled and shook my head. They were most definitely drunk.

"Three...two...one!" I counted them down. They popped the tabs, and tilted them back. After a moment Grian threw his down. He whooped and held his hands in the air. Scar cheered him on and I just clapped, laughing. Mumbo held his up, and burped.

"Bite... that." He said, and promptly fell over backwards. I rushed over.

"Someone finally pass out?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. Mumbo." I said.

"Eh. He'll... burp...fine" Grian said, sitting down. I shook my head.

"You guys." I said, smiling slightly. He lied down, his eyes shutting.

"Think... think imma sleep now." He said as Scar thumped down next to him, passed out too. I sighed, walking up to Scott.

"Surprised you didn't party as hard as them." He said, slowing down.

"At least two of us should be sober if things go nuts. And it honestly was pretty gross." I said, and Scott chuckled.

"Understandable. But you've never had a good beer until you get your hands on the Mythlands concoction. Although I have no idea what Sausage put in that thing." He said.

"Noted." I responded, and we fell into silence for a few moments.

"Do you remember anything before the Empires situation?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Bits and pieces. Mostly from dreams like the one you described. And, yes, you were in them. We really didn't like each other for some reason." He said.

"I only remember the end. We were the last two, and we seemed to have made up. Until you, ya know, blew yourself up..." I said, trailing off. More silence.