The Scarlet Pearl Returns

*WARING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE THIS CHAPTER*

"Alright... hold..." I yelled. My arms trembled from the strain of the wheel. Ocean waves crashed onto deck, sending a sailor slipping across the deck. Crew members rushed across the deck like ants.

"Fire!" I screamed, and the cacophony of cannons exploding echoed through the air, followed by shouts of 'Hit!' And 'Miss!'. A lot more Hits than last time.

In the following weeks of the rest of the Boatem Leaders becoming bedridden I had started putting together a Boatem Navel Fleet with the help of Goatem. We never officially announced the alliance, but it was clear. Doc walked back and forth, hands behind his back and barking orders. Ren steered the other galleon to our side, overtaking us. We had targets floating around us for the cannons.

"Eat our wake!" Ren whooped as he passed us. I smirked. I had a little surprise in store for him.

I flicked a little lever, and our ship began shaking.

"Hold onto something!" I yelled. I could hear gears grinding belowdeck as wings began unfolding from the side. Ren shouted in surprise. Doc cracked up at his reaction.

The ship began lurching upwards until we can completely cleared the surface. We glided just above the waves. Without the oceans drag, we shot off like a bullet.

"Suck it, Ren! Whooooo!" I yelled back. I spread my arms out, letting the wind whip my hair about. I always felt free out here from all of Boatems expectations.

"THAT rope! There ya go!" Doc bellowed at some poor kid. The kid went bright red, looking down at the ropes. I laughed.

"Don't worry, kid! That means he likes you!" I yelled down to him. He smiled slightly.

"Shut it, Moon!" Doc roared, and I laughed again.

.  .  .

"You bloody cheater." Ren laughed when we docked. He gave me a playful shove.

"You gotta admit though, it's a good idea." I said. He nodded.

"Definitely gonna surprise the Big Eyes." He said, arms folded. "What gave you the idea?"

"I dunno, honestly. Just popped into my mind one day." I said. Ren was about to respond when a doctor ran up to us.

"Pearl! It's Mumbo! He's awake, and asking for you." He said. My eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Alright." I said, running up the hill.

.  .  .

I kneeled by Mumbo's bed. He coughed, opening his eyes slightly.

"Pearl..." He said softly. I nodded.

"I'm here." I said. He groaned, sitting up slightly.

"I... Rember something. Why we're here. What The Watchers want." He hissed out.

"What?" I said gently.

"They're looking...for the key..." He said.

"Key to what?" I asked. His brow furrowed in pain.

"To... To... Dammit, I had... it right there. I forgot... I'm sorry." He said, closing his eyes. He was asleep again almost instantly. I stood, brushing dust from my jeans. 

"What did he need?" Ren asked from the door. I sighed, turning around.

"He forgot." I said, walking past him. I started heading back to my base.