prologue

TITLE: love and coffee
RATING: teen
GENRE: romance, fluff

faux tags: café au, barista! renjun, medstudent! haechan, side! nomin & winrina, tooth-rotting fluff, latte
-

Renjun works as a barista in a coffee shop that one of his friends owns. He's only part-timing to earn money for his apartment rental.

There's this guy who regularly comes to the coffee shop at around 5PM to order Iced Caramel Macchiato-he says it's his favorite. He doesn't know his name but he knows he's a medical student because one time he came with his lab gown still on.

"Hey, uhm, the usual, please."

"Sure! Oh, are you a medical student?"

"Oh my God! I forgot to take my lab gown off. But, yeah." the guy chuckled.

Renjun just softly laughed.

The guy doesn't stay long, though. He just goes to the coffee shop after his classes end to buy himself a coffee and then leaves right after receiving his order.

Right now, it's almost closing time, 7PM, and the guy hasn't come by yet. Renjun sighs, staring at the door.

Few moments later, the bell at the top of the door rings, indicating that someone comes in. He smiles when it's the medical student guy.

"Hey," the guy says.

"Hi. You're... late."

The guy chuckles, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, I kinda fell asleep in class. And no one woke me up, so... yeah."

"Oh." Renjun smiles, "The usual?"

"Uhm, I kinda want to try something else. If you were to order, what would you like?"

"Uh," Renjun purses his lips, "French Vanilla Latte. It's my favorite!"

The guy nods, "French Vanilla Latte, then. Oh, and a ham and cheese bread roll, please."

"Okay! Would that be all?"

"Yes."

"Alright. For take out?"

"Dine in."

"That's a first." Renjun giggles, tapping his order on the monitor. "So, ten dollars, please."

"Here!" The guy hands an exact payment. "You know, I thought you're about to close." he sighs, "I literally ran."

"Oh, well, kinda. We close at 7PM, but you made it here in time." Renjun smiles, putting the money in the cash register. "Your order will be served."

"Thank you. I'll go find a seat now."

Renjun immediately makes the guy's orders, and then serves it to him.

"Hi, here's your French Vanilla Latte and a ham and cheese bread roll. Enjoy!"

"Thank you... Renjun." He's looking at his uniform. Renjun realizes that the guy read his name from his nametag. "Pretty name, by the way."

"Oh. Uh, thanks." Renjun shyly smiles, tucking his hair behind his ear. "We'll be closing soon, but feel free to stay for as long as you want."

The guy nods and Renjun walks back to the counter to clean the area.

As he finishes, he notices that the guy is preparing to leave, putting his bag onto his shoulder. Renjun pouts subconsciously.

The guy finally stands up and waves at Renjun. "Hey, have a good evening! See you soon, Renjun. Thank you!"

Renjun smiles, "See you."

As soon as the guy left the shop, Renjun heavily sighs, feeling a little disappointed with himself.
-

A/N

Hi, it's Elly! And I'm back with another mini RenHyuck fanfic, because I miss them so much! Don't you? I've been thinking to publish this but here you go now.

Well, I hope you'll like this book and enjoy reading! ♡ Votes and feedbacks would be appreciated. The first chapter will be published tomorrow, so stay tuned! <3