ten

One month later.

Renjun is cleaning the counter when Jaemin suddenly taps his shoulder, startling him.

"Gosh, Jaemin-ah! What?" He puts down the cleaning cloth and turns to Jaemin.

Jaemin laughs a bit and holds up a peace sign, "Sorry! I'm leaving now, Jeno and I have a date."

Renjun nods, "Okay. Be careful on your way. See you soon."

Jaemin smiles. "See you!"

Renjun sighs as he watches Jaemin leaves the café. He grabs the cloth and puts it back under the counter.

Few moments later, the bell chimes and Renjun looks at the door. It's Karina.

"Oh, hi! Minjeong has just left a while ago," he announces.

Karina nods and smiles a bit. "It's okay, I just want to get a Caramel Macchiato. Cold but no ice."

"Yeah, sure." Renjun presses Karina's order on the monitor. "Is there anything else?"

"Nope, that's it. Take out." Karina slides her payment in front of Renjun and the latter almost immediately grabs it.

"Thank you! Just wait a moment, I'll go ahead and make your coffee."

While Renjun makes her coffee, Karina talks again. "Renjun-ah." Renjun just hums, not looking at her. "Winter and I... just got into a little fight."

"Huh?" Renjun suddenly averts his eyes to Karina, his mouth slightly open. "So, that's why Minjeong's quiet earlier. She didn't even talk to us. What happened?"

"Uh, well," Karina sighs, "We've been planning a date for few days but I needed to postpone it everytime because I'm too busy doing school works, you know, law school stuff. And then, yesterday, we supposed to have a date after her shift but..."

"But you postponed it again?"

Karina slowly nods, "Y-yeah. And I guess she's had enough. She suddenly snapped at me and said if I couldn't find time to hang out with her, it'd be better if we could just break up. I broke down in front of her and tried to explain myself but she just walked away. I didn't know what to do, Renjun-ah."

Renjun just stood there, doesn't know what to do, doesn't know what to say. He almost forgot about her coffee until the coffee machine makes a sound that caused Renjun to jump in his spot.

He glances at the machine before looking at Karina again. "But you didn't break up, did you?"

She shakes her head, "No."

"Sorry, Karina, I don't know what to say, I don't know what to advise you. I guess, you two have to talk about it. Calmly. You can't just break up like that."

Karina nods, "It's okay, Renjun-ssi. Thank you!" She smiles and walks to him. "Can I hug you?"

"Sure! Come here." Renjun extends his arms for Karina and she almost immediately pulls him for a hug. He hugs her back, rubbing her back gently.

As they're busy hugging, they didn't notice someone enters the café. It's Donghyuck. He's about to walk to the counter but stops halfway when he noticed the two.

"Oh."

Renjun finally notices him and immediately pulls away from the hug. Karina turns to the person and bows apologetically before walking to a table.

"Haechan-ah!" Donghyuck turns around and is about to leave but Renjun runs toward him and hugs him from behind. "It's not what you think it is. Let me explain."