three

It's Saturday. Donghyuck wakes up late at 11:30AM. Currently, he's cooking some bacon and egg for himself. It's good to be alone but sometimes he couldn't help but to feel bored and sad because he has no one to talk to.

He's been drowning himself in his notes and books, and he barely has time for himself to have fun. He misses those days when he was just going with the flow, making jokes around. Sometimes he would get himself in trouble because of how many times he got caught cutting classes or when he would flirt to many girls and guys of different courses and departments.

He wonders if he didn't get himself enrolled in a medical school, what would he be doing right now? Would he be dancing in a studio like he used to in highschool and College? Would he be teaching children piano lessons like he said he wanted to? Would he be a professional singer like he wishes to be? He feels like he doesn't want to continue this path anymore and just live his life however he wants.

He stops himself when he realizes he's crying and the bacon almost burnt. He sighs and wipes his tears off his face.

"Get yourself together, Donghyuck. You chose this and it's too late to back out now."

After he had his brunch, he took a bath and gets ready to do his homeworks—a lot of homeworks, they're making him dizzy.

×××

Renjun is currently drawing in his tablet, finishing a commission someone requested him three days ago. Aside from his salary that he receives from Jaemin monthly for working at his café, he accepts drawing commission using digital art.

He enjoys drawing ever since he's a kid. He started drawing traditionally at age 3 until he discovered digital arts when he was 13. He graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Visual Arts.

"Finally done!" He smiles at himself proudly as he stares at his artwork. "So beautiful! I hope my client likes it."

He puts down his stylus pen on the table and stretches his body. He feels relieved now that he finished the commission. It took him three days to finish it.

He saves the drawing and exits the app he was using. He stands up from his seat to go to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water.

When he goes back to the living room, he sees his phone lights up and someone's calling him. It's his bestfriend Jaemin.

He picks up the phone and answers the call. "Hello? Jaemin-ah?"

"Hi, Renjun! Are you busy today?"

He shakes his head even though Jaemin couldn't see it. "No. Why?"

"Let's go to the cinema. It's Jeno's treat. I'll text Minjeong to come along, too."

He raises an eyebrow, "Really? Where are you now?"

"On the way to the mall. Let's meet at the cinema, fourth floor."

"Oh. Okay, wait for me, I'm just going to take a bath."

"Sure! But hurry up!"

"Fine, fine. I'll hang up now. Bye!"

"Bye, see you later!"

Renjun ends the call and puts it back down on the table. He goes to his room to get some clothes as well as his towel before going to the bathroom.

×××

"Renjun-ssi!"

When Renjun arrives at the cinema, he spots Minjeong with a girl next to her. He thinks maybe that's her girlfriend. He smiles and waves at her while walking towards them.

"Where's Jaemin and Jeno?"

"They're at the counter, buying tickets. It's so nice of them to treat us to watch movie. It's been a while since the last time I went here." Minjeong shares. "By the way, this is Karina, my girlfriend. You're the same age."

"Really?" Renjun waves at Karina, "Hi, I'm Renjun, Minjeong's coworker."

Karina smiles and waves back, "Hello! Nice to meet you, Renjun-ssi."

"Nice meeting you, too, Karina-ssi. You should come to the café, Jaemin's coffee are delicious—well, we make them." He laughs softly.

Karina chuckles and nods, "Yeah, I heard about the café. I really wanna try your coffee, but I didn't have the time to visit. I'll try to come by at Monday."

"We really hope you'd come by."

"I'll tell my friends about the café as well."

Suddenly, they heard a high pitch voice coming from Jaemin who's running towards them. "Guys!"

"Oh my God, Jaem!" Renjun covers his ears.

"We bought tickets already! But let's wait for Jeno, he's still buying some popcorn and soda."

"I'll go help Jeno carry the food." Minjeong excitedly walks to the counter. "I love popcorn!" she exclaims as she hops next to Jeno.

Jeno gets startle and gives Minjeong a death glare. "Stop scaring me like that!"

"Sorry." Minjeong tells his older cousin, holding out a peace sign.

Donghyuck has a poker face while letting his friend drag him to the counter.

"Two tickets, please."

"Why did I even agree to come here?" Donghyuck sighs. "I don't want to watch a movie."

"C'mon! When was the last time you had time for yourself?"

"Whatever."

"Minjeong-ah, don't eat yet!"

Donghyuck glances at them and Jeno and Minjeong turn to him. Minjeong bows at him to apologize before they leave to approach Jaemin, Karina and Renjun.

Curious, he follows them through his eyes and gets shock when he sees a familiar face.

"Is that Renjun?"

"Huh?" his friend asks and Donghyuck just shakes his head. "Let's go! I bought already."

The friend walks first, and Donghyuck follows behind while still staring at Renjun who's talking and laughing with his friends.

Minjeong grabs the large soda and gives it her girlfriend, "This is ours."

Karina smiles and holds the cup, "Alright!" She also grabs the popcorn that Jeno hands her.

As Renjun watches them, Jaemin suddenly hands him a medium sized cup of soda and popcorn. "Here you go, bestie!" He smiles and happily takes them.

"Aww, thank you. I thought you've forgotten about me." he pouts.

"Of course not!" Jaemin giggles. "Shall we go to the cinema hall?"

"Yes!" Karina replies, "Let's go!"

When they go inside the hall, there are few people and fortunately the movie hasn't started yet.

"I want to be on the aisle." Renjun says as he sits on the seat. Jaemin follows and sits next to him.

The seating arrangement goes like this; Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno, Winter and Karina.

Unbeknownst to Renjun, Donghyuck is sitting on the other aisle seat, they are almost next to each other. The latter glances at him but doesn't say anything.
-

A/N

Renjun, look to your left.

Hi, I hope you're enjoying so far. Thank you for reading! Don't hesitate to leave some feedbacks and I'll gladly read them :D