eight

It's Saturday—the day Donghyuck takes Renjun on an actual date. He's been staring at himself in the mirror for the past few minutes. He's so nervous and excited at the same time.

He has dated before. Lots of them were girls, some are guys. But frankly, he's never had a serious date nor relationship.

When he saw Renjun, he really wants to get to know him more and better. Now that he's finally going on a date with Renjun, he doesn't know what to do. He didn't plan anything except for a reservation to a restaurant.

He puffs his cheeks out and sighs heavily. "You can do it, Donghyuck!"

Renjun is as nervous as Donghyuck is. He actually never dated anyone. Let's just say he's one of those 'No Boyfriend Since Birth' type of people. He doesn't know what to do on a first date. He should have asked Jaemin or Jeno how does this type of things work beforehand.

He sighs and finally grabs his phone, wallet and keys then puts them on a small bag he's carrying. He takes one last look at himself in the mirror before turning off the lights. He then leaves his apartment, locking the door.

He walks down the hallway and meets Donghyuck on his way to third floor where the younger's apartment located.

"Hey!"

"Hi."

Donghyuck checks him out from top to bottom. Renjun has his bangs pushed out with some hair clips. He's wearing a shirt inside of a black blazer and a skirt that exposes his petite legs. He's also wearing rubber shoes.

He smiles and looks back at Renjun's face.  "I told you to wait in your apartment." he chuckles. "But since you're here already, shall we go downstairs?"

Renjun nods, "Yes."

Donghyuck offers his hand and Renjun almost immediately holds his hand. The latter thinks Donghyuck's hands are so soft, he wants to hold them forever. He can get used to it.

They walk towards the ground floor using the stairs. Donghyuck glances at their connected hands and smiles at himself. Renjun looks up at him and smiles as well.

When they reach the ground floor, they are greeted by the little whispers coming from the residents who are outside their respective apartments. One of the guys is shooting a stare at Renjun's legs. Donghyuck gives him a side glare before pulling away his hand from Renjun's and uses it to pull his waist to get him closer.

"Just ignore them." Renjun whispers. Donghyuck sighs and nods.

They exit the building but stop when they're about to cross the road.

Renjun turns to him and tilts his head. "Why?"

"Renjun-ah." Donghyuck calls.

"Mhm?"

"I don't have a car."

"Oh." Renjun laughs softly. "That's totally fine! We can take a taxi instead. I actually don't mind whether you do or do not have a car. But thanks for telling me."

Donghyuck pouts, "I just... I thought you're gonna judge me."

"I won't! And I don't have a car, either. Don't worry about it, Donghyuck-ah." Renjun reassures him, "You're great."

Nodding, Donghyuck blushes and looks away for a second. "So, shall we take a taxi? Or would you like to just walk? The restaurant's just nearby actually."

"Mhm," Renjun quirks his lips upward, "I think I'd like to walk. With you."

Donghyuck bites the side of his lips. He nods, "Alright, let's go ahead and walk." He grins.