seven

Donghyuck jolts from his sleep and opens his eyes as soon as he hears his alarm goes off. He yawns, stopping it from making another noise. He gets up from his bed and stretches his body.

He grabs his phone from the bedside table and unlocks it. He sees a message from their group chat saying that they do not have classes today. He grins, exiting the group chat. He then presses on Renjun's inbox and types a message for him.

After that, he puts his phone back down on the bed. He exits his room and walks to the bathroom to do his morning routine.

Renjun wakes up approximately thirty minutes after Donghyuck woke up. He rubs his eyes gently while stretching his body, still lying on the bed.

He yawns and pulls out his phone from under his pillow to check the time. He sees a message from Donghyuck which causes him to let out a wide smile. He clicks on it and reads the message.

Donghyuckie ♡:

good morning! I hope you have a great day ahead :D

He pauses before typing a reply.

Me:

good morning! hope you have a great day ahead as well. goodluck on your classes today <3

He doesn't wait for a reply and finally gets up from his bed. He leaves his room and goes straight to the kitchen and opens the small fridge.

"What should I cook today?"

There isn't anything inside except for the two pitchers of water and small container of kimchi. Oh, there are also two eggs. He sighs and decides to make himself kimchi rice for breakfast.

×××

Renjun glances at the digital clock on the table and smiles. He's still not late, not that Jaemin minds. Before, he usually goes to the café minutes late but these past few days, he feels like going to work earlier that usual. He's just in that good mood.

He takes a good look of himself in the mirror for the last time before grabbing his wallet, phone and keys then puts them in his pocket. He switches off the lights before leaving his apartment.

As he's walking across the hallway, he sees a familiar person going towards him. "Donghyuck!" he calls.

"Renjun-ah!"

They meet in the middle and smile at each other.

"Were you about to go to my apartment?"

Donghyuck scratches the back of his neck. "Y-yeah. I figured I want to walk you to the café since I don't have classes today. And maybe, get some coffee while I am there."

Renjun giggles, "Sure! Of course, you can walk me. Let's go?"

"Yeah, let's go." Donghyuck offers his hand for Renjun to hold and the latter immediately complies.

Renjun doesn't miss the opportunity to interlace their fingers, causing the both of them to blush. They look and laugh at each other before finally leaving. They use the stairs this time as Donghyuck remembers that Renjun doesn't like using elevator because he gets dizzy easily.

As they leave the building, they ignore the snickers and whispers coming from the residents from ground floor. They cross over the other side of the road and continue to walk until they arrive at the coffee shop.