five

The bell chimes energetically as Renjun enters the café with a smile on his face. Jaemin turns to look at him, a chuckle escapes his lips.

"Good morning, Renjun."

"Good morning, Jaemin-ah!" Renjun happily greets, hopping and skipping to his counter. "What a beautiful day is it, right?"

Jaemin nods, confusedly staring at Renjun's suspicious smile. "Yeah, it is. What's got you all smiley today, Renjun-ah?"

Renjun giggles, shrugging his shoulder. "Oh, nothing, I'm just happy today. La lala lala~" he sings, taking over his counter.

Jaemin laughs softly, "Well, I'm really glad you're in a good mood today." He taps his bestfriend's shoulder and walks to the entrance. He flips the sign so it would say, 'Come in, we're OPEN!'

Renjun grabs a brush from under the counter and brushes the dust off the cash register as well as the counter.

"Hey, Jaemin!"

"Yes?" Jaemin, who's currently typing on his phone, glances at his bestfriend.

"Remember that regular customer I told you about?"

"The medical student guy?"

"Yes."

"What's up? Did he come by again yesterday?"

"Yes!" Renjun grins, "And guess what—"

"I don't wanna guess."

"—he asked me out."

"What?" Jaemin's eyes are wide open, gripping onto his phone. "Seriously?"

"Yeah! We have a date on Saturday."

"Oh my God! Renjun-ah, I'm so happy for you!" Jaemin slides his phone into his pocket and holds his shoulders. "Can I hug you?"

"Yeah!"

They hug for few minutes before pulling apart. Renjun's still smiling and Jaemin laughs.

"Nice to see you all smiley, bestie. Keep it up!"

Renjun giggles, "I'm so excited!"

×××

"Excuse me?" A customer in her 40s, Renjun assumes, came up to the counter with a rude and loud tone, "Why does my coffee have milk?"

Renjun furrows his eyebrows, "Well, Ma'am, you ordered French Vanilla Latte, hence it has milk."

"No. I said... I said no milk."

"Yeah, you said no milk, so I suggested that you order Americano, but you insist to have the Latte one. You're confusing me, Ma'am."

"How is that confusing? My order is French Vanilla Latte but no milk."

"Yes, Ma'am, a latte has milk, and an Americano does not have milk."

"I want a refund." She puts her hands on each side of her waist.

"No, Ma'am, you can't. Because the coffee is already halfway. You can just order an Americano." He's trying his best to stay calm. But deep inside, he actually wants to scream.

"Are you not understanding me? I said, I want a refund."

"You are the one who's not understanding me. You can't get a refund for something you already used or eaten, or drank. Order again."