8

chapter 8

---

I breathed in the air as I stepped out of my car. It rained last night and the smell of it lingered. I looked into Dawson's car window hoping to find my friends, but it was empty. I sighed and walked inside school. 

I opened my locker and grabbed my math book. I slammed the metal door and turned around to see Edward across the hall. I gave him and slight smile and walked over to him. 

"Hey, what's up?" 

"Hey, Raven. Sorry that I took off yesterday, Alice wasn't feeling good. But let's talk soon, okay?"

I nodded and started to walk away, but I felt him follow behind me. We walked for a few seconds and when he didn't say anything, I decided to start the conversation. 

"So, how are you liking Forks? I mean where did you guys even come from anyway?" It was a good question. Not many new people move to Forks since it rained all the time. Practcially everyone I knew grew up here. 

 He walked slightly faster to match my pace so he wasn't trailing behind me anymore. "My family and I lived in Denali. We had a nice house up there, but it was inconvenient living on top of a mountain." 

That explains why they're so pale.

Edward lightly chuckled as if I said that out loud. Weird. 

"I can introduce you to my family if you'd like, I guess you should see who Blake has been spending her time with. She told us you two were close friends before she moved, but why do you seem so off whenever she's around?"

I rolled my eyes. Of course Blake never told the Cullens about our history. I didn't fully trust Edward, but I wanted Edward to know that she hasn't been telling the truth. 

"Yeah, we were close. We dated for a year but we ended things when she moved. I assume she didn't tell you that?"

He shook his head. He walked silently for a moment and thought to himself. 

"I'd love to meet your family by the way, if the offer is still there," I smiled as I looked up at him.

Edward snapped back to reality and smiled back. He led me back outside to the parking lot where the rest of the Cullens were. They were all standing by the Volvo and red convertible I saw yesterday. When Alice looked up and saw me, she smiled and skipped over to us. 

"Oh, Edward, it's your friend! I'm Alice! It's so nice to officially meet you," She gave me a quick hug.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. I got nervous when she wrapped her arms around me, and I felt embarrassed when I looked up and saw Jasper laugh.

The minute I saw Blake wrapped in his arms, my smile dropped completely. She looked at me and smiled, but when nobody else was looking, she glared at me. I already knew that she wasn't genuine when we talked yesterday, but now I knew that she was only faking it around her family. She wasn't pretending to be nice to me to try to hurt me again, but to make sure the Cullens liked her. 

Alice broke the hug and took Edward's job of introducing me. She pointed to each one of her family members and told me their names. Rosalie just looked at me and stared. She slightly rolled her eyes at Edward and whispered something to him. He shrugged it off. 

Emmett walked up to me and introduced himself before Alice could. He gave me a short hug and seemed really sweet. When Alice introduced me to Jasper, he gave me a small smile but quickly brought his attention back to Blake. 

"And this is Blake, Jasper's girlfriend, but you two have already met!" Alice chirped. 

"Yes, of course we've met! Again, Raven, I've missed you so much. I'm so glad that I'm back so we can catch up again. I told them all about you, of course," Blake ran up to me and gave me a tight hug, her back facing the Cullens. 

"Meet me tonight at the end of your shift. I'll be at the back table," she whispered in my ear and let go of me. 

I tried to keep a straight face so nobody else would see. When she let go, she didn't wait for a response and went reached back over to Jasper. When the bell rang, I started walking back inside.

Why does she want to meet up with me? What is she going to say?

---

I'd been at the diner since school got out. I was constantly checking the time and when the bell rang to announce a customer entered, I whipped around to see if it was Blake. It never was. 

"Here's your bill, Jacob. Have a great day!" When I was about to walk behidnd the counter I saw Blake's hair in the corner of my eye. There she was, at the back table as she promised. I looked around and when I saw Jacob Black leave the diner, I slowly walked up to her booth and sat across from her. 

"Good, I was expecting you to cancel you shift and try to run away from me. I guess you're too poor for that anyways," She grinned at me and I glared back. The nerve she had. "Anyways, we need to talk. I know you have a class with Edward. If you become friends with him, or tell him anything about our past, you're going to regret it. I need you to cut off contact with him and the rest of my family," When she said "family" I rolled my eyes at her. "Oh, sorry, does that word trigger you? I always forget you don't have anybody except your little sister," She paused and twirled the straw around in the milkshake in front of her.

"Also, don't think about telling anyone about this and," she paused. "You know what. I will find a way to make your life even worse. It's already as bad as it can get, but trust me. You'll lose everything. Watch out for your sister," she got up and left, leaving her full milkshake on the table. Obviously, she didn't pay. I grabbed the milkshake and threw it at the ground. 

--

a/n

super short chapter but it won't be a long wait! working on chapter 9 as soon as this publishes :) should be out tomorrow 1/14/

-s