Painkillers

They both laughed and settled for breakfast.

Siya- "Mom Dad i wanted to rejoin hospital, i already asked from him"

Mahesh- "Sure why not beta"

Rakhi- "Siya beta, you don't need to ask him everything, just tell him you wanna do this, you wanna do that and you can compalin to me if he denies anything"

Mahesh- "Stop teaching her wrong things Rakhi, she's good girl, stop spoiling her"

Rakhi- "of course I'll spoil her after all she's my daughter, why will I not and what is wrong in that, he is her husband she can say anything to him"

Mahesh - "ofcourse madam ofcourse, i forgot with whom I'm talking, i loose you win , know let me eat "

Siya laughed looking at their in laws having cute fight, she wished she can also have this type of relation with Karan.

Rakhi- "bye the way when are you thinking to rejoin beta?"

Siya- "I'll go tomorrow Mom "

Rakhi- "okay fine, go and arrange your things for tomorrow, I'll look after the lunch and dinner "

Siya nodded and went to her room.

8:30pm

Karan came back home.

Rakhi- "Don't you think you're late -"

Karan- "no today mom, please" saying this he went upstairs to his room.

Karan looked all tired and stressed so Rakhi decided not to speak anything further.

Karan- "and please send me a glass of water"

Rakhi signaled Siya to go behind him at which Siya nodded and went to kitchen first.

10 mins later.

Siya entered the room with tray in her hands.

Karan was sitting on bed massaging his temples.

she handed him the glass of water, which he took and gulped in one shot.

Siya- "Have this tea it will reduce the stress"

Karan looked at her and then took the cup.

He motioned her to take a seat, so she silently sat beside him, keeping some distance.

Siya looked at him and said

Siya- "can i ask something?"

Karan nodded at her while sipping the Tea.

Siya- "what's stressing you so much?"

Karan looked at her which immediately stopped her and she started looking downwards again fidgeting her fingers which Karan noticed and sighed. Siya further spoke in an apologetic tone

Siya- "i'm sorry i shouldn't have ask-"

Karan- *interrupting* "it's about the case, that girl Neha, that bumped into you in the mall, the acid attack survivor , she hanged herself"

Siya- "hnmm, Arjun told me this"

Karan- "She wanted us to file case in court, we even have enough proofs again the culprit but-"

Siya- "but?"

Karan- " no one wants to support us, no advocate is ready to take this case, we've done all the research , contacted every other advocate and lawyer in past few days but the result is still zero"

They both looked at eachother conveying their inner thoughts when the alarm beeped once again.

Siya looked at her phone and off the alarm.