Admirers

A/n: Outfit for chapter ☝️

Author's P.O.V.

Asgard was a beautiful kingdom. Much like how it had been described in many Norse lores, the kingdom of gods and demi gods was a truly magical place to live in. The land had everything one could ask for---- lush forests with the most exotic flora and fauna, while in sharp contrast to that, gorgeous palaces made of gold, crystal clear streams which danced merrily, synchronised perfectly with their sweet songs and a just and benevolent king to watch over all his subjects.

It truly was paradise.

What Asgardians prided and loved the most were their two princes, Prince Thor and Prince Loki. Not a day went by without one hearing a small child utter the following proclamation to his playmates; I will be just like Prince Thor when I am older!

Proud parents would shake their heads in delight while they patted the heads of their young ones. They couldn't be prouder if their child turned out to be like the silver and red clad, lion-hearted prince.

But why not like Prince Loki?, One would ask and it was truly an amusing sight to watch the once bright and encouraging faces of the same parents turn dark and threatening towards the other child who would mention this.

Reprimanding their children from playing with the innocent child who dared to pose that question, they would silently pray to whoever was willing to listen to their desperate prayer of their children becoming nothing like their younger prince.

Ah, there can't be a paradise without trouble now, can it?

And that was exactly how most of the population in Asgard regarded the raven haired prince as: trouble.

While people sang praises of Prince Thor, they whispered of the recent evil trick pulled by Prince Loki on some innocent bystander. How innocent was the bystander or how evil was the trick pulled by the prince, no one cared to find out.

After all, the town needed its gossip, right?

However, if one was to ask if they truly loved both their princes equally, the people would jovial say, Of course! Is that even a question?

Why they were crossing their finger behind their backs then? Well, I think both you and I know the answer to that, don't we?

Unlike how the people wanted them to believe, the princes already knew about their people's thoughts about them. While it bothered Thor that people couldn't really see that his brother was truly an astounding individual, Loki simply shrugged it off.

Loki Friggason knew his worth. And anybody else's opinion didn't really matter.

Therefore, Loki wasn't one to think too much of anybody's words. May it be of the whispers which seemed to follow wherever he went, may it be of the false praises peasants would shower him with to gain favour or may it be the way the maidens would flatter him in his older years at various balls.

They were, but, as valuable to him as a pebble lying on the ground. Enjoyable for a while, but worthless nonetheless.

Hence, it truly seemed to knock the wind out of the young blue-blood when two words seemed to be ringing in his ears, much like an annoying alarm.

Thank you.

Those were the two words which were said to him perhaps a million times if not less. Yet, that moment, when he first heard the two words escape his team leader's mouth kept replaying in his mind, as though she had just proclaimed her love for him.,

Even now as he stood next the make shift healing room, the groans and hisses coming seemed to be non existent to the pale man. The only thing he could hear--- he could see--- were the way in which (Y/n)'s eyes locked onto his with utmost sincerity and the way her plump lips uttered the words.