House Of Cards

A/n: Can I just say, have mercy! Absolute queens!

Author's P.O.V.

The images she saw and the things she heard on the television had put a barrier between (Y/n) and her good night's sleep.

The monarch tried everything she knew that would help her fall asleep.

She tried counting sheep but once she reached 5050 and still the doors to dreamland remained closed, she thought it would be wise to give up on that idea.

She tried to finish reviewing a few reports and models so that they might grant her some peace to her workaholic mind, but that was to no avail.

She had heard that reading a book helps but when she finished reading Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of Baskervilles, she realized that she was too shaken up to fall asleep with the help of her favorite genre or book.

She went out of her room to see the cars zoom past the tower. She was filled with amusement when a few of the vehicles slowed down to get a glimpse of the fabled headquarters of the Avengers but when she thought of her team, her dread increased and she came inside.

She tried to practice with her power in her sun balcony, making a few of her favorite flowers, black and purple tulips grow on one empty side of the plethora of flora.

She laughed at her own peculiar choice of flowers. Black tulips symbolised royalty while purple tulips symbolised admiration--- two different poles.

Her mother had told her that when the two types of flowers are put together in a bouquet and if it's from your significant other, it's symbolism changes a little bit.

It symbolises royal love. Such a love was very hard to find and it was the highest form of love which made her fascinated towards these flowers ever since, making them her favorite.

Even after taking a trip down Memory Lane didn't seem to put her mind at ease. At this moment, the crown princess felt like pulling all her hair out of her scalp.

Come on!, She scolded her mind. We have seen and faced worst things in life than what we saw today! Besides, I am not a child anymore to go and hide behind my parents every time I witness something with gore... It's not how it works...

A sigh escaped her lips before she thought that she could always call someone up and talk go them for a while. Yes, she could do that... But the trick was who should she call...?

The (tall/medium/short) lady sat on one of the pool chairs laid out in her balcony and went through her contacts.

Wichar 😈

Nope, perhaps him and Firoze are fast asleep.

Mom 💖

She must be busy with the palace and other things.

She didn't stop even when she saw her father's and grandmother's names because she had the same assumption. Just as she was about to play a game or something on her phone, she heard footsteps behind her.

"Couldn't sleep?", Asked a voice she knew too well. She turned her head towards the door to find the raven haired asgardian waiting at the door. She shrugged.

"Not even a bit. You?", She replied.

"Well my situation isn't unlike yours.", He responded.

When she saw Loki gingerly waiting at the entrance of the balcony, she smiled to herself.

"You can come in, you know." He nodded and stepped in, sitting on the chair facing the leader of Avengers.

"I am sorry about the awkwardness there. It's just that I have been taught to not step into a lady's privacy without consent." (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.