Check Mate!

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I followed director Fury to his office and he informed me that I was the one who was to interrogate Loki and look over his arresting.

"Why? You got invited to a party?", I questioned. The director looked at me and if looks could kill, I would have been dead as a doormat before I could say noodles. (A/n: did you get that reference?😏 Comment 'yes' if you did and feel free to ask if you didn't!)

"Hey, can't blame a girl for being curious, can you?", I asked shrugging. Fury exhaled deeply.

"No, I can't. I can blame myself though. I can blame myself for thinking that you were capable enough to interrogate a person. I seemed to have forgotten that you are just a princess."

"What's that supposed to mean? I assure you, Nicholas Joseph Fury that I have seen things that you would shudder just at the thought of!", I countered. The man snickered.

"I don't believe empty words, (Y/n).", He said. I was about to punch this man in the face.

"It's Princess (Y/n) to you! And you know what? I am going to interrogate this Loki and I swear I will do it way better than you ever have or will!", I exclaimed and stormed out of his office but stopped in my tracks when I neared the door.

I understood what Fury was playing at and smiled shaking my head.

"Well played, director. Commendable, really.", I said turning to look at him with my arms folded over my chest. Fury bowed putting his hand over his heart.

"Thank you, Princess (Y/n)." I chuckled and headed out. Only to go back again.

"Fury, just a doubt. Is there any way I could get a spot of tea after the interrogation?", I asked.

"Of course. Where should I have it sent?", He questioned.

"To the science laboratory, please. Oh and also a chess set to Loki's cell.", I replied. The director looked doubtfully at me.

"Trust me, I know what I am doing." Just then the door behind me opened.

"Director Fury?"

"Yes agent Hill?"

"Loki is being taken to the locked up.", Maria informed.

"That's our cue.", I said. Nodding the director and I walked out of the office with the agent beside me.

We reached the place before Loki was brought in, in order to prepare it.

"Ma'am, here's the chess set you asked for.", An agent said handing a small box to me.

"Thank you, Ava.", I said collecting it from her.

"Though I really don't think it will be useful.", She stated.

"One should never jump to conclusions, Ava. Remember: in the hour of need, even a small needle gains the power to defeat a mighty sword.", I said.

"As you say Ma'am.", And saying so she went back to her previous position.

Moments later, synchronised footsteps were heard.

"Here they come.", Agent Hill said.

I  went stood in front of what looked like a glass cage with my hands in my pockets and back straight. There were no words exchanged during the whole process until now.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if so much as scratch that glass." Fury clicked on a few buttons and a vat opened, air gushing through it.

"It's 30,000 feet straight into a steel trap. You know how that works?"