When All Hell Broke Loose

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

The rays of the setting sun reflected off the back side of my open hair directly, as I sat in the long, curved couch in my balcony, facing the doused fireplace. In my hand, I held my guitar as I strummed a random tune, thinking about the day I had just experienced.

To handle the Avengers was a challenge in itself but to also handle their greatest adversary who is staying in the same premises? Now that's what we royals call a conundrum! I scoffed when a thought crossed my mind.

The only thing more dramatic than this would be if I end up falling for Loki.

I shook my head to brush away the thought so that I could concentrate on the present, though my mind had other plans. Loki's innocent and excited smile, when he saw the library kept playing in front of my eyes which made me smile. He deserved it for all he had to go through. I knew about Loki's childhood along with his lineage from Thor and also, I had done my research.

The both of us had established a nice relationship off late as we were training partners. Why particularly the asgardian? Because he could keep up with me. You see, being an elemental gives me a few enhanced capabilities such as increased metabolism, stamina and endurance, making it hard for the other Avengers to keep up with me during training.

The only Avenger who can actually give me a good competition along with keep up with me when we train is none other than the god of thunder, Thor (and sometimes Steve, if he is in good shape, that is).

Thor, along with sparring with me teaches me new fighting technics from Asgard. He is also one of those few people who can train Ratri, in case I am busy and if you want to know, Tony is a bit jealous because even he has come to love the big cat.

The Norse demigod is my perfect training partner because I can use my elemental powers on him without the fear of harming him fatally and he is also used to fighting with an opponent with daggers or throwing knives, thanks to his brother. Actually, it was when we were training with these weapons was when he started talking about him, allowing me to study the new recruit's character thoroughly.

Ratri purred as I picked a new tune to strum and put her head on my lap in a relaxed manner. I smiled at her antics.

"Should I take it that you like the tune, then?", I asked looking at her. As an answer she took out her tongue and licked my wrist which made me laugh as it tickled.

I closed my eyes and let my fingers glide across the strings of the instrument by their will, drifting off to a land of nothing but relaxation. Music always had this affect on me as I had a burning passion for it, along with engines and chess. These three things were the only ones which could put my mind at ease when all my thoughts seemed to be tangled up.

I had no idea how long did I keep playing like that until I heard a voice behind me.

"And here I thought it was a recording." I stopped playing the instrument as a smile made it's way onto my face.

"Isn't a lady allowed to unwind, Captain?", I asked as he gave me my mug of coffee and took his seat next to me.

"How much ever contradictory her methods of unwinding might be to her nature?", I continued.

"She most certainly is but your highness, the main question is: where did she learn to play the instrument so well?", He asked.

"My dad taught me." I said, as I smiled fondly, reminiscing the simpler days of my childhood.

"Your father, meaning the king of the United Provinces of Pragjyotispur?", He inquired with a hint of astonishment in his voice, which amused me. I shot him an obvious look.