Apprehensions

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

It had been around a month since the statice Ball, as it had been christened. The event had offered me an opportunity to meet another brilliant lady in science, Jane Foster. Much like her name the scientist was the epitome of simplicity but sometimes an element of simplicity is essential in one's life, especially in the lives of people like us.

We had received a hint of her calm demeanor when she greeted the Avengers and I with a smile which offered the warmth of a calm fire which was the complete opposite to her boyfriend, Thor's bone crushing hug.

Being the observant readers I trust you are, you might have noticed that I didn't make a special mention regarding my friends, Wichar and Firoze.

So, does that mean my childhood best friends had left New York already? Fortunately, the answer to this is no and in fact more inclined towards the contrary.

How so? Well, it was because Firoze and Wichar had been named the honorary ground agents of the Avengers.

The credit to these additions to the team goes to the one and only; Nick Fury.

The head of S.H.I.E.L.D. had observed that the two gentlemen in question had a substantial amount of data on me which gave rise to his suspicions.

After further investigation, he discovered that the crown prince of the States of Sanghvi and the largest vineyard owner in Eurasia are my childhood friends. Of course, this earned the African American male a very offended team of Avengers who rained hell on him but when he offered the boys their joining letters, we called it a truce.

And apparently according to the information we received last month after the ball, my friends weren't the only new additions to team that Fury had made.

That's where the new part to our story starts.

By the time autumn had began, we had shifted to the Stark Tower or as it was call now, the Avengers Tower. Contradictory to what one would assume, Firoze and Wichar didn't move in with us to the Tower as they preferred to stay in the Agnigarh Manor. Steve and I agreed to their decision as we thought that having a widespread team would be better so that god forbid, if there is an attack on the tower, we could contact our ground support without the fear of risking their lives.

For the rest of us who had settled down in the Avengers Tower, Stark had gone all out to make us feel at home and it showed.

Tony used the 93 floors of the skyscraper very impressively, I must admit. He dedicated one floor to each member of the team which started with my floor on the third floor. The arrangement was like this because the first floor comprised of the training room and the second floor held the common area of the team.

After my floor, the next and the fourth floor was Steve's, followed by Natasha's then Clint with Bruce on the seventh. Thor was given the eighth floor while our host himself had occupied the ninth level of the building.

The tenth floor used to be an extra living room but now the billionaire had converted it into Loki's floor, reluctantly of course.

The strong reluctance was not only displayed by the playboy of the team but also by everyone else when the god of thunder had announced that even his brother will be joining us in an excited manner but realized that we weren't really delighted when nobody reciprocated his emotions after the announcement. Not even by Ratri. Actually she was the one who gave Thor an expression like what's there to be excited about?

Even though I had been apprehensive at first too, but then I called my mother who reminded of the famous quote, don't judge a book by its cover and I decided to at least offer the god of mischief a chance.