Diva

Bruce's P.O.V.

"I'll ask you this for the last time Loki: why did you want the tesseract?", Thor's voice resonated through the room and two way glass.

"And I will tell you this for the last time brother: I do not know as I was not told. Honestly, is it that complicated for you to comprehend?", The younger prince of Asgard silkily said. The thunder God seemed frustrated and turned his back on his brother.

"You are not my brother. Not anymore." With the swish of his scarlet cape, our Nordic teammate came out of the interrogation room, leaving Loki under the murderous glare of Natasha. Where other criminals would shudder to even take a sharp breath, it didn't seem to affect the God of mischief.

"Well that's the first sensible thing he has spoken since a century actually." The ex assassin did nothing but punch him square in his jaw which knocked a tooth out from her prisoner's mouth.

"Say one more word without being asked to speak, and I will make sure all the remaining 31 come out." I grimaced when I heard the impact from the other side.

"Afraid that you will be the next victim if you confess your feelings towards her?" With her index covering her lips, I couldn't see the (Y/n)'s slightly worried curl on them.

"Don't worry Bruce. We will request her personally not to punch you in your jaw but to instead slap you.", Tony comforted. More like teased. His words made Steve smile while (Y/n) allowed a ghost of it.

"What? Why would I have any feelings for Natasha?" I didn't notice the blush creeping onto my face.

"You are look like a candy cane whenever you talk to her, Bruce. I know I might not understand today's world but I do know that this happens only when a man fancies a lady.", Steve commented. I scratched my head looking down, unable to counter the very well made point.

In the meantime the door to the hallway we were standing in opened and in came a seething Thor. As soon as she saw him coming, my best friend and leader came in front of us with Steve by her side.

Ratri?

(Y/n) had sent her to Cho in Korea to check if there were any injuries were caused during the battle. The doctor informed that she shall keep Ratri in observation for 2 weeks and treat the injuries if any. We had sent her right before we came to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s heli carrier.

That's how the nightshade tigress was missing.

"Loki is not done with his mind games. He seems to very stubborn as he even refused to speak.", Thor informed. (Y/n) took a look at the man behind the glass once and click her tongue.

"I don't think so Thor." All of us turned our heads in an inquisitive manner towards the purple clad princess. "If, as he said earlier, this Great Titan guy had instructed him to hand over the tesseract it's only logical that he didn't tell him why and if Loki was under his command he didn't ask why.", She continued.

"But what assurance do we have that he wasn't lying to your face then?", Steve promptly asked. Black Bird smiled.

"Steve, Loki was playing chess and chess is a game which requires all your concentration and nobody can lie so easily when their entire concentration is on a game. That's why I made him play that.", The other reasoned.

Another question came to my mind and involuntarily my face scrunched up.

"So Loki is innocent?"

"Hold up one damn second. Reindeer Games might've attacked New York because he was being controlled by some random alien but what he did once he came here was entirely done by him. What about that?", Tony questioned folding his hands in a thoughtful way.