Chapter 4 - Turn your phone off Finn!

I am happy he asked me out, but I am so nervous I am about to puke. This is horrible. And I haven’t even unpacked yet, so I can’t find any of the clothes I want to wear. I end up in some denim jeans with a white shirt. I added some bracelets and a ring, applied some makeup, and then I was ready to go.

We decided to meet at Starbucks because I wanted to go there. I have never been on a Starbucks so I was exited about it. Since I was in good time I decided to walk, that way I could also se how the city was like. I got lost a few times, but I where at Starbucks in the right time. I saw Finn walking towards me and my heart pounded harder. What was wrong with me? We hugged and together we walked into the shop. The smell of coffee hit me as soon as the door opened. So far I really liked this place. We both decided to stand in the queue since I didn’t know what to buy. I ended up with a hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin. Finn bought a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino. Then we found a place to sit. There were silent since we both enjoyed our drink. I kept looking up at him and one time he caught me. I grinned at him, blushing a bit.

- Where are you from? You don’t sound English or American, he asked

- I am from Denmark, I shyly said. I knew my English sounded a bit weird since I got my Danish accent and it embarrassed me that he pointed it out.

- That is why.

Again we sat in silence. I took some of my courage to ask about him and Jacks relation and he told me everything about his family and childhood. I also told about my life in Denmark, why I moved and I needed a job. All of sudden it was evening. I didn’t want our little date to end, so I told him that I was hungry. He said we could go to Nandos. We did and it tasted great. We ordered a Peri-Peri chicken to share. We laughed and had a really good time. We sat the whole evening at Nandos and talked about everything. I was very relaxed when we left the restaurant. We decided to walk home. As we walked our arms kept touching and I suddenly felt Finn’s hand holding mine in it. We intertwined our fingers. My body was buzzing and I felt my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I looked him in the eyes and the world disappeared. We had stopped and were now just looking each other in the eyes. He pulled me closer and our faces were centimetres apart, we leaned in. I heard some kind of ringtone at it was his phone which rang. We both broke out of the trance and I took a step back. he finished his call and looked at me. It was a bit awkward.

- Who was it? I asked.

- It was Jack, he was bit worried since I have been gone almost the whole day. He smirked at me.

-I guess we should go home now then. I said. He followed me home. There was an awkward silence, since we had been so close to kiss and it then was ruin. When we came to the front of my house he hugged me. I didn’t want to let go. I had a feeling of my body needed his touch and presence. But I felt like I couldn’t do anything to make him stay. We had almost just met. He couldn’t be feeling something towards me yet. Could he? We did almost kiss or was it just a moment of confusion. I waved goodbye and closed the door. Then I sat on the floor. Unknowing of what to do. Wanting to call him.

(A/N: I feel like I can write on this story all night, but I have school tomorrow, which sucks. Hope you are enjoying so far. I will defiently update this as  soon as I can. xx)