Chapter 8 - Haunted

-Jack-

I heard a girl’s laughter upstairs. In some way it frightened me. Who was it?

- Stop it, please stop, no, a girl screamed, then more laughter. Then she shut up. What the heck was going on? I was really concerned.

- Finn stop, please I beg you, more laughter again. Then I heard steps on the stairs. A blonde girl appeared. She stood still when she saw me, she breathed heavily and her hair was all messy.  

- Hello Jack, she said. I nodded. Her intense eyes looked into my soul. She gave me a smile, which made butterflies fly around in my stomach. She then looked up the stair, had frightened look on her face. I saw she tried to run but too late. Finn picked her up and hold her on his shoulder. He spun around while she screamed out loud. Then he faced me. His smiled disappeared and got replaced with a smirk. He placed her softly on the floor. His hair was messy and his clothes were wrinkled.

- Hi jack, he said. – You are home early today, weren’t you shooting a video?

- Yeah, we finished it today so I didn’t have anywhere else to be, I said. He nodded. He then picked up Emily, who whined. He then carried her up the stair. I want to carry her up the stairs like that. Who did I thought I was. She was with Finn and I knew he was in love with her. This wasn’t good. I sighed loudly.

I went up to my room I heard Emily laugh and I wished it were me who was beside her when she laughed like that so carefree and nice. I closed the door into my room, but couldn’t keep the picture of them kissing out of my head. The picture haunted me, staying in my mind. I could hear a girly giggle from the other side of the wall. I felt so lonely.

I took my pillow and pressed it against my ears. I didn’t want to hear anymore of their laughter and giggling.

I must have drifted of to sleep, because when I woke up it was suddenly 11 pm. It was quiet in the room beside. Emily must have leaved or they weren’t fooling around anymore, maybe sleeping. I sighed. I couldn’t sleep anymore. Her eyes kept coming back into my mind. I got out of bed and decided to take a bath. I got undressed and looked in the mirror. Why was Finn always the better twin? We weren’t so different. We were twins for God’s sake, we looked like each other with only small differences. I walked into the hot stream of water. I felt it burned my skin but I didn’t care. It made my muscles relax. I got dressed again and walked downstairs to get water.

As I got closer to the kitchen I heard a sound of glass touching. I peeked my head and saw Emily taking a glass and filling it with water.

- Hey, I said. My voice was thick from the little nap I had. Her body twitched as she heard my voice. I walked towards her.

- Hey Jack, she said. A smile appeared on her face. We just stood there in silence.

 I reached out for a glass, and filled it with water. Silence again.

- So, can’t you sleep either? I tried out just to get a conversation going.

- No, and I was thirsty, she grinned at me. We drank out and stood in the dark room. Only the light from the moon shone in to the kitchen. Her skin looked soft in the small amount of light and I wanted to touch her arms and kiss her lips. I inched forward, but remembered she was my brother’s. I mumbled goodnight to her and walked up to my room again and laid on bed. I could not fall asleep, but I didn’t wanted to near Emily. I would end up regretting it. I heard steps on the stairs. Finn’s door closed and I turned around so I faced the wall. Damn you world.