Part 2

I'm up to date on the manga and it took me 3 days to read...
Help, i'm still crying.

Check out my patreon please and thank you <3

https://patreon.com/user?u=82676528&utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator

Anime4us

Chapter 2

You'd really gone and goofed this time. How many times had Kei told you to stay in your lane? Toman was a separate world from your own. That was how it was supposed to be. You should have walked away when you'd seen someone at the grave. To be perfectly honest, school was in session at the hour, and you really wanted to talk to your brother. Then again, Toman was filled with delinquents... didn't their persona usually indicate that they didn't go to school? You'd heard plenty of stories from Kei. He'd told you of battles that Toman has faced and conquered, but you'd only ever met Kazutora face to face. Even that had been an accident. Kei had thought you were out for the night but you had opted to stay in and study for an exam the next morning. One pee break later and you were seated in the room with both Kei and Kazutora. That had been an interesting conversation. Kazutora is an odd boy, to say the least. There was no inherently aggressive behavior to speak of. The last time you had seen him was before the incident with the motorbike. Kei had been seriously torn up about it and you had spent nights with him, just listening to him ramble about everything and nothing. You'd give anything just to have one of those nights with him again.

"Baji?"

Blinking out of your reverie, you turned towards the girl standing in front of your desk. You looked around her, seeing that the classroom was empty. A quick look at the clock showed that school was out for the day. You couldn't remember a single thing that had been taught today. You were definitely going to fail the exams in a couple months' time.

"Are you sure it's not too early for you to be back?" The girl asks gently, as if her words wouldn't leave a gaping hole in your chest anyways.

"Doesn't matter when I come back." You mutter. "Whether it was today or a month from now, he's still dead."

The girl in front of you flinches away, but you can't find it within yourself to feel guilty. Shoving your books into your bag, you quickly shoulder it and make your way towards your locker. Indoor shoes switched for outdoor ones, you quickly head out of the school building. You're tired of all the piteous stares and hushed voices... People walked on eggshells around you. It was absolutely infuriating. It made you want to spin around and yell "Yes! He's dead!". Of course, that would cause its own problems, so you refrained, if only for face alone.

"You look like you've had as good a day as I have."

Pausing in your tracks, you look towards the fenced wall that boarders your school and raise a brow at the boy leaning on it.

"Why? Did your brother die last week?" You deadpanned, slightly put off when the boy doesn't react the way you were expecting.

"Something like that." The boy before you hums, pushing off the gate. "I had an inkling that Baji had a sister, but I was never certain."

That comment puts you a little on edge, but you merely shove the feeling down, shoving your hands into the pockets of Kei's favorite sweater. It doesn't smell like him anymore, but it still brings you an element of comfort nonetheless. You start to walk away from the boy before you, not sure what else he wants after saying his piece. You'd already broken your promise with Kei once, and really didn't want to do it again. Nonetheless, the boy you had thought you left behind falls into step beside you, either unaware of your annoyance or uncaring of it. Glancing to the side, you finally take in the other's appearance. Blond hair pulled up into a half up, half down ponytail. Flipflops that Kei's complained about before so it's only becoming clearer and clearer just who you were trying to blow off. Letting out a gentle sigh, you turn you gaze towards the shorter boy, making sure to include a level of annoyance you only reserved for people that really put your day off.