Part 9

Check out my patreon please and thank you <3

https://patreon.com/user?u=82676528&utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator

Anime4us

Chapter 9:

Chifuyu's got a smile on his face as he revs the engine to his bike. She's let go of his waist, instead choosing to raise her arms in the air. Her knees are pushing into his sides, reminding him that she's right behind him. She's screaming, but it's a sound of euphoria, evident in the way she smiles as they make their way towards home. He's never invited her on a ride before, but this makes him regret waiting for so long. Her black locks whip around them, given a life by the cool wind. Once she's done trying to catch the wind with her fingers, she wraps her arms back around his waist, smile still visible through his rearview mirror.

"Baji never took you on a ride?" Chifuyu asks, smile plastered on his face.

"Kei?" she calls over the wind, not at all deterred by the late hour of the night. "Only if we had time to leave the city. He didn't want us to get caught together."

The words send a jolt of guilt through Chifuyu's chest, but she's still got a huge smile on her lips. Far too soon, they pull up at their shared apartment complex. He nods at her, letting her know that she can climb off. She follows his directions, disembarking before he parks the bike. He huffs, an amused sound leaving his lips as he finds her struggling with the helmet strap again.

"You're gonna have to learn how to do this if you want to go for rides." He states, fingers brushing her hair out of the way before he can undo the strap.

"You'll take me again?!" She asks, eyes practically sparkling.

"Whenever you want." Chifuyu replies, ruffling her hair affectionately after having pulled off his helmet. "Coming to check on Pey and Yang?" He asks, earning an overly excited yes that makes them both laugh.

0_0_0_0

You're still on cloud nine days later, still vibing on the feeling of the wind in your hair. The nostalgia only managing to bring a smile to your lips. Of course you missed Kei, but you had to be able to get through the everyday things that you did together without breaking down. Meeting Chifuyu had definitely brought that about easier.

"What are you rushing for?" Your mother questions, watching you with a raised brow. "It's Saturday." She huffs.

You shove your breakfast down your throat, working at braiding your hair simultaneously. It's a mess, but it'll have to do. It's not like Chifuyu really cares about what you look like. He was gonna be facing forwards anyways.

"Make sure you dress warmly!" Your mother yells as you take the stairs two at a time to get to your room.

Changing into something a little warmer than your pajamas, you make your way towards Kei's room. Pushing the door open, you're met with his smell. No one had really touched it since... Well. You let yourself in, fingers brushing the framed photos of Kei with different members of Toman. You stifle a laugh at a picture of him and Chifuyu. The latter had his hair spiked up like a real eighties thug. Turning your gaze away from the photos, you grab Kei's motorcycle helmet, shoving it into your bag before zipping it up. You didn't need your mum asking unnecessary questions.

"Where are you heading?" She calls as you stampede back down the stairs.

"Heading to Chi's place!" You call, as you open the door.

You're met with a raised brow and annoyed turquoise eyes.

"Who the hell is Chi?"

You slap a hand over Chifuyu's mouth, giving him a pleading look.