Part 22

Check out my patreon please and thank you <3

https://patreon.com/user?u=82676528&utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator

Anime4us

Chapter 22:

There's a bright pink blush splattered across your cheeks as you walk towards school. Chifuyu had woken you up rather early, breakfast in hand. You wished that you lived in America. At least there, you'd have a couple days off for Christmas. Alas, it was a bigger deal overseas, and not the couples' holiday it was made out to be in Japan. Chifuyu must have missed the memo that Christmas was over, or maybe he didn't care. Sure he'd burnt the toast, but that was besides the point. Chifuyu had gone out of his way to make you feel special, so you couldn't keep the warmth out of your cheeks, or the smile that broadcasted your euphoria from your lips. People gave you weird looks as you practically skipped into the school building. Nothing could dampen your mood this morning.

0_0_0_0

Chifuyu scowled at Takemichi as the latter gave him a suggestive look, eyes darting down to his new scarf.

"Either Mitsuya has favorites, or your girlfriend went the whole nine yards for you." He mused as Chifuyu buried his nose further into the fabric.

"Why can you recognize Mitsuya's handywork but can't tell when your body's had enough battering?" The first division's vice-captain huffed.

"His handywork is in our faces all the time, how do you not recognize it?" Takemichi raised a brow as if Chifuyu was the weird one in this equation.

"So, what are we looking at next? You saved us. But you came back... so, that means that Hina wasn't alive in the future, right?"

Chifuyu feels a sense of guilt grow as Takemichi flinches beside him. Maybe he was a little too blunt with that approach. He had only meant to ask what their next plan of action was.
Takemichi looks like he's going to cry, and though Chifuyu feels a bit like a sack of shit for causing his friend's turmoil, he doesn't want to deal with tears right about now. He's had enough of them for the foreseeable future.

"What I do know... Is that we need to keep an eye on Baji's sister."

An irrational bout of anger invades Chifuyu's being, insulted on her behalf that Takemichi would ever insinuate that she had anything to do with Hina's unfortunate future. Before he can't get a word in edgewise, as if sensing his building anger, Takemichi holds up a hand to keep his vice-captain from bursting.

"She's not in the future."

Those words birth ice in his veins. They squeeze the air out of his lungs, and cause his anger induced adrenaline to fade away. In its place, a nausea Chifuyu's never felt in his life takes over. She's not in the future? They're not...

"Wha—how is she not in the future?" Chifuyu asks, swallowing down the pain.

"Chifuyu... you... she died in an accident. It happens right outside of the graveyard where Baji is buried. Make sure she doesn't go alone from now on. The chain reaction for her death is... unnerving. Hina isn't dead in the future. You're... It's not pretty." He rubs at the back of his neck.

"You came back... for me?" Chifuyu murmurs, surprise widening his turquoise eyes.

"And Baji's sister." Takemichi tacks on, unaware of the pang of fear that echoes in Chifuyu's chest. "Plus... Mikey also... falls down a dark path with her gone."

Chifuyu isn't quite sure how to process all this information. In the future, she's dead. An accident... what kind of accident happens outside of a graveyard? Chifuyu's mind wanders towards the incident the last time she went to Baji's grave... or the time before. He can't rely on Mikey to solve all his problems... She's already got enough bad memories to speak of at her brother's resting place. He refuses to stack up anymore.