Part 21

The following chapters include scenes and dialogue that are heavily influenced by the manga. If you are an anime only fan that doesn't want to be faced with loads of manga spoilers, this is where I bid you either pick up the manga or decide to wait till after the rest gets animated? that might be a zillion years for now. option a is more feasible.... though it might hurt just as much, if not more...

Check out my patreon please and thank you <3

https://patreon.com/user?u=82676528&utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator

Anime4us

Chapter 21:

The English lyrics, although foreign to your ears, come easily as you sing along to the classics. You hum happily as you fold the letter in your hands, slipping it into the envelope sitting on the table before you. You'd finally put together a coherent thought and managed to write Kazutora a letter. You weren't entirely sure what to expect, if anything, as you pasted a stamp on the top right corner. You had to wonder if Kazutora would even be happy to hear from you. Would he rather not be on speaking terms with you? You really hoped that that wasn't the case. You'd spent the better half of the letter talking about Toman, though most of it centered around Chifuyu, a certain biased bleeding through. To be completely honest, you weren't really up to speed on Toman's happenings, so you'd just talked about spending time with Takashi leading up to Christmas so that you could make Chifuyu's present. You'd talked about dinners you'd shared with Mikey and Draken alike, and spoke of how you would have loved to have him there. How Kei would have loved to have him there as well.

Blinking, you realized you were staring into space as the timer on the oven went off. You pushed away from the kitchen table, pulling the door open as you reached for the oven gloves. You smiled as the smell of sugar met your nose. What was Christmas without sweets, after all? It was your first Christmas with Chifuyu and you were going for keeps. Setting the tray on top, you set the sugar cookies to cool before you checked the fridge to make sure the chicken was still there. You were being a little paranoid, but you felt as though at any moment, this dinner could go very wrong. You had prayed for hours to whoever would listen that Chifuyu would come back in one piece. You had probably used up your life's worth of favors at this point, and that was just fine. As long as he came back, it would be worth every second you had taken to make sure those prayers came to fruition.

Shutting the oven off, you grabbed your coat, zipping it up. You made sure your boots were snug before you grabbed your hat and gloves. You shoved Kazutora's letter into your pocket and headed out the door. The second it was open, the winter air bit into every inch of exposed skin. You shivered, shoving your gloved hands even deeper into your pockets until the crinkling of paper reminded you of why you were out here to begin with. The walk to the mailbox wasn't that far, thankfully. You pulled the lid open, setting the letter in before shutting it once more. You smiled gently, hand lingering for a second.

"Merry Christmas, Kazutora." You murmured before turning back towards Chifuyu's place.

0_0_0_0

Chifuyu was seriously starting to doubt he could take much more of this beating. He and Takemichi were being used as personal punching bags at this point. He was trying to be strong, for both her and Takemichi's state. He wondered what she'd say if she could see him right now. He already knows there will be tears involved. He worries that one day she'll stop wanting to try and patch him up.

When Mikey shows up, he almost passes out on his feet. The relief has him stumbling. Toman's leader pulling up to this fight is nearly enough to dispel any doubt. That is, until Taiju hit Mikey clean in the face and the latter went down. The panic that took over Chifuyu was palpable as Takemichi yelled out to their leader. Chifuyu just felt his throat go dry. His body is shutting down on him. He can't tell if it's one too many hits from the boy with the birthmark on his face, the loss of his adrenaline, or watching Mikey get taken down in one punch, but the entire room got really quiet. And then, Mikey stood up, and told Taiju that he'd taken the hit to punish himself. Chifuyu couldn't quite tell what for, but he left Mikey to his devices. Shortly after, Taiju was left unconscious on the floor. Course, just like Mikey was able to get up, Taiju followed suit shortly after, spouting some nonsense about pitting the five of them against a hundred men. Chifuyu fought back the pain amongst other red flags that his body tried to tell him about. He just needed to hold on a bit longer. A bit longer and he could be home, her smile brightening up the rest of his evening.