Part 20

Check out my patreon please and thank you <3

https://patreon.com/user?u=82676528&utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator

Anime4us

Chapter 20:

Chifuyu blinked groggy, turquoise eyes as he was pulled from sleep. While the couch was uncomfortable, it was a weight on his chest, making it hard to breathe, that ripped him from his slumber. He narrowed his gaze at Pey who was nonchalantly grooming herself on top of his chest, either unaware or uncaring of the inconvenience. Probably the latter.

"Really, cat?" Chifuyu huffed, letting his head fall back onto the headrest again. "A zillion places to sit and you attempt to suffocate me. Must be love."

His eyes wandered towards the door to his room as he hears coughing. He scoops Pey up, her mewling doing little to deter him as he sets her on the ground and makes his way to the kitchen. With a glass of water in hand, he made his way to his room, stopping before the closed door. Taking a deep breath, he knocked gently. The coughing stopped abruptly before it continued albeit more muted. Pushing his door open, Chifuyu lets himself in. He set the glass of water on his nightstand, eyes scanning his bed slowly. All he could see of her was her hair that spilled over his pillows and comforter. The blankets he had tossed over her were strewn about, as though she had been restless. Letting a gentle sigh leave his lips, Chifuyu sat down on his bed. She had her back to him, but she was awake if the coughing was anything to go by.

"I texted your mom with your phone. Told her you were staying at Chi's place for the night."

There was an amused smile on his face as he finished that sentence. She didn't acknowledge the words, but he figured she was listening nonetheless.

"What's going on with us?"

She flinches at the words, so he knows she's actually listening. The confirmation eases his nerves only slightly.

"I mean. We've been getting into really stupid spats lately." Chifuyu chuckles, ruffling at the back of his head. "It's exhausting..."

She curls into herself more, and Chifuyu thinks he hears sniffling. That was not the plan. He hadn't wanted to make her cry, but he thinks it's something they really need to talk about. Though he hasn't known her long, she's become a rock for him. A place where he can breathe and where time continues to move less painfully than it did before. She's become his home, and he's not ready to let that go if he can help it at all. He wants her to talk to him. He needs her to tell him what's got her so worked up.

"Talk to me... Please."

He's practically begging, but he feels no shame from it. He knows he's in love with her. It's something he's had plenty of time to come to terms with. Hell... he's probably known since the day she met him in front of that gravestone. He's only fifteen, but he's willing to bet that she's his person. So there's no shame as he leans back on his hands, blonde locks swaying sideways as he turns turquoise eyes towards her. She's turned over towards him, bronze eyes red with irritation. She's been crying for a while. He has this urge to reach towards her and wipe the tears away. He almost acts on it when she reaches out towards him. His gaze falls on her fingers as they fall onto one of his hands. He shifts his weight so that he can turn it over. Without a word, they've threaded their fingers together. She lets out a shaky breath, eyes falling closed and shedding a few more tears. His heart is beating, letting him know that this is real. He's almost scared that it's a dream. Her fingers are warm in his own, though he can't tell if it's from her fever or from his own content at her not rejecting his presence entirely.