Part 29

Chapter 29:

Getting up and stretching is a lot harder when you have a shattered shoulder blade. Every little movement jostles the sling, and fire eats at you from the insides. You are slowly trying to get out of the bed to go to the washroom, biting you lip to keep from wincing out loud. Mikey's out cold, breathing soft. You wonder if he's been sleeping much. Probably not, he and Emma have a matching set of eye bags. This Izana character is linked up with Kisaki, but he's also linked to the Sanos. It's probably really difficult finding out that you have another half-brother. Equally so when he's trying to kill you off for some reason. Once you finally get out of the hospital bed, both wary of Mikey sleeping and of the shattered bones in your back, you can finally make your way to the washroom. You're thankful for the private washroom in you room, as it allows for you to take you time in attempting to pull you pants down with one hand. It takes more effort than you'd like to admit. After washing your hands and leaving the washroom, your ears perk at the sound of your door opening again.

"Chifuyu!" You exclaim, excitement leaking into your voice.

"Hey."

He expresses the same exhaustion you've seen on everyone else, but there's a smile on his lips. He's as happy to see you as you are him. His eyes fall on the brace your arm is in, lips pushing together in an unpleasant frown.

"I'm—"

"Please don't say you're fine. I'll lose it." Chifuyu admits, walking up to you.

You close your mouth to keep the unwanted word from leaving. Turquoise eyes roam over your figure, pausing on each individual scrape before sighing gently.

"Is this what you feel when I come home?" He ask, letting out a gentle chuckle.

You blink a few times before his words catch up with you. You let out a breath of laughter, relief flooding your veins at the fact that he was joking with you.

"You have no idea." You mused. "At least for me, it's only once in a blue moon." You roll your eyes while he smiles at you.

"I think I understand." He muses.

His smile falters when his gaze travels over your shoulder and finds his commander in your bed. He raises his brow at you before turning his attention back towards the smaller boy, fast asleep.

"Oh." You state, as if just remembering that Mikey was there. "I have a bone to pick with you."

You turn your attention back towards Chifuyu. He looks a little nervous as you take a seat at the edge of your hospital bed. He, in turn, takes one of the plastic chairs that is beside your bed.

"You can't blame Mikey for what happened to me." You state, matter of factly.

Chifuyu goes to open his mouth, but you shake your head, as if you knew the words he was about to let spill from his lips.

"It was my choice to protect Emma. And for the record, I'd do it again if the situation arose." You stated, fingers reaching towards the elbow that was incased in the sling. "Whether Mikey was there or not. I would protect Emma just like I would protect you, or hell, even him if I thought he needed it. It's an instinct to protect the people I love, Chifuyu."

Chifuyu's staring at you with a red face, causing you to cock your head a bit. Then, what you says catches up to you, and your own face splashes red as well.

"L-like, y-y'know. Protect the people important t-to you!" You state, embarrassment making your tongue heavy.

"Pretty sure you just said lo—"

"Ah!" You jumped up and covered Chifuyu's mouth with your good hand.

You were sure your embarrassment was reaching passed your neck and engulfing your ears at this point. Turquoise eyes closed before you realized what was happening. It shouldn't have felt so intimate, but you were sure that your heart was going to bounce out of your chest at this point. You pulled your hand away, shocked at the boy before you.