Tonya's Interrogation

During the drive I just stared out the window since it was late at night when we got the call from the camp. Watching the trees we pass on the road I glanced out the corner of my eye at Beau. "Good for nothing ex..."

He was gripping the steering wheel clearly frustrated which was a side I haven't seen before from him. "Beau." I called out softly towards him.

"I can't believe he just let her go off by herself in the woods!" He apparently didn't hear me because he grumbled some more scoffing under his breath.

Reaching over the counsel I gently shook his shoulder breaking him from his trance of frustration. "Beau! She's gonna be fine."

He gulped, finally sending me a glance. "Yeah....you're probably right."

"I am positive I am. Okay you said that he said she was back at the camp and just rattled." I attempted to reassure him believing that I was right more than I might be wrong.

The drive fell silent for a little while. Mostly because I had no clue what to say to him. I didn't have a child like my sister Jenny. So I wasn't sure what to say next thankfully he did break the silence around us. "You're right Mallory. She'll be fine. So what are you going to say if you're sister asks about us?"

"I'll um...think of something. We're here." He pulled the truck to a stop once we drove under the camp sign both getting out seeing the rest of the team already here.

Footsteps of Sunny Barnes came towards us while I clipped my gun to the belt on my jeans. 'Emily was the one that found Mary's body off a trail.

"Did anybody search the area where the body was found?" Beau questions her.

She shook her head. "Well, after Buck brought Mary's body back, he and Avery went back up to take a look around."

"Daddy?!" Someone called out where I saw a girl with dark slightly curly hair running towards us and throwing her arms around him meaning it could only be his daughter Emily.

He wrapped his arms around her resting his chin on top of her head. I could see relief come over him by just holding her close. "Hey. Come here.I got you. I got you. You okay? Hmm? What happened?"

"I followed Luke into the woods and I got lost. And then I saw her. She was bleeding. I don't know. She had Paige's bag. I just thought that she was hurt, but then I saw her eyes." She sobbed through his jacket.

He whispered into her hair eyeing me as I gave him a weak smile. "Okay. Baby. I got you."

"Dad who is she?." Emily pulled her head up from his chest focusing her watery eyes on me. "Is she the woman you were telling me you were dating?"

"What was that?" My sister's voice could be heard a few steps away from us.

I felt my cheeks turn red as I quickly stepped up introducing myself to the girl since we hadn't met until now. "Hi Emily, I'm Mallory. You're dad has told me some about you."

"Cool. So are you two?" She pointed her index finger between Beau and I.

He cleared his throat putting a hand on her back leading the three of us away from my sister's ears to start the questioning. "We'll explain later, Em. Right now we have some questions to ask you. Where was Buck when you found Mary?"

"I actually don't know." She replied sitting down outside one of the tents. "He must have heard me scream. Before I knew it, he was just there."

"Do you think Luke could have killed her?" I asked the teenager.

"No." She immediately spoke.

Her father asked another question. "Is that a feeling you have, or is there something else?"