Sister Fights

Beau and I just froze in our places as I muttered under my breath wishing we had a way out of this. "Oh where's Cassie with a phone call when you need her?" Because I knew my sister would be furious to hear our little secret.

Beau and I just were frozen where we stood with my sister standing in front of us. She had her arms crossed over her chest with a scowl of betrayal on her face. I knew I had messed up and I shouldn't have kept it a secret because it would have avoided this exact moment. "Jenny before you get angry just let me explain that I have not hurt your sister since we started-" Beau attempted to say calmly.

"Be quiet Beau!" She raised a hand cutting the sheriff off before he could say another word that she wouldn't believe at this moment in time. "I can't believe you went behind my back, Mallory. Was it all a load of crap that conversation we had that night after a few beers. Because I thought I was supposed to be the one helping you find love!"

Dropped my hands at my sides. I didn't know what the right thing to say was. That night I asked her to help me. I was in the most vulnerable state I had ever been in. "Jenny, I...I don't know what to say. I was an emotional mess when I asked that of you. But now it is different. I have grown up since then. I can make the choice for myself and Beau has been nothing but a gentleman to me."

"That's the same thing you said about JW and we saw how that ended for you. But that isn't important right now. You lied to me. You lied to your sister and here I thought we were always honest with each other." She spat in my face before I turned my hands into fists at my sides.

"Is that this is coming too, Jen. Because you've had a fight with Cassie about sleeping with Cody and you forgave her. Then with Travis he freaking betrayed you and you still forgave him for that. So your track record is forgiving every liar on the planet." I listed off my fingers seeing Beau give me a confused look because he assumed that she had taken care of Travis instead she let him run off to find whatever girl he was after.

Beau slowly raised his hands trying to calm down the situation before things got ugly between the two siblings. "Alright Hoyt let's just hear her out before we jump to any conclusions about our relationship."

"Oh I already have a conclusion you two are through. You need to stop whatever relationship this is because she isn't someone you can just choose this job over or push around. She is my little sister and I will make sure that no low life country boy breaks her heart again!" My sister stomps her boots in the dirt getting in his face pointing her index finger harshly against his chest.

Stomping forward I grabbed my sister's shoulder yanking her away from him not being able to take her yelling at him anymore. "Jenny, that's enough. Okay I really like him and I'm sorry I lied. Yet looking at you now maybe it was a good idea to keep it from you if this was going to happen. So you'll just have to accept that I am not going to break up with him!"

"I can't believe you are acting like a child over this. I am just doing what you asked me to do as your sister. And you clearly can't see that so I'm gonna go!" She throws her hands up in the air getting in her car and drives off without another word.

I sucked in a shaky breath feeling tears starting to fall down my face watching her leave like this. My knees almost gave out from underneath me thankfully Beau noticed catching me before I could hit the ground. "Woah Mallory. Easy now I've got ya." Wrapping my arms around his neck, our noses hit each other before he had me standing on my own feet.

"Thanks...I...I'm sorry for all this. I...I'm gonna go Beau." I apologized to the sheriff, grabbing my coat and heading towards my truck. Since it would be awkward if I stayed here any longer since my sister had basically upset my whole evening.