New Home

The sun was bright, extremely bright, it was annoying. He could feel his eyes burning from the sun hitting him directly on his face. That is why he disliked the sun, his eyes were a little too sensitive. Even if he had been riding his Ikran for a very long time now, he just was not able to get used to the sun. However, he had to endure it, he needed to see where he was going while flying on his Ikran, he needed to see when he was going to arrive to their destination.

He turned his head left, seeing his family flying their Ikrans as well, all of them had their faces filled with sorrow and the ride was silent, no one dared to speak a word. But of course, they had to leave their home, quickly, leaving all their life, friends, grandmother, everything they knew behind, who would be happy to do that from one day to another? Neteyam knew their home, the forest, was no longer safe for them, not with the Sky people returning and holding grudges with his dad.

He left a loud sigh out of his mouth while feeling the wind hitting his hair. He decided to shake his head a couple of times trying to get rid of his thoughts, trying not to overthink about his life and the future that awaited him. What is going to happen now? Are they going to keep running from the Sky people forever? He didn't know that, but he hoped they all could have some peace wherever his dad was leading them. They deserved it.

"Mom, are we almost there?"

He snapped out of these thoughts when he heard his little sister, Tuk, ask his mom that question. She sounded very tired and sleepy, he felt bad about her, she was just a little kid and was already living the horrible experience of leaving her home, only because someone wanted to kill them. He saw his mom, Neytiri, smile at her a little bit while caressing her hair with delicacy. He soon realized she didn't know how to answer her daughter's question as she didn't reply right away.

"Almost there, aren't we, ma Jake?" Neytiri asked or yelled at her husband, known as the Mighty Toruk Makto. Neteyam saw his dad nodding his head with a serious face. That made him feel a little more at ease, he believed they were close to arrive to wherever they were supposed to go. They were already travelling for almost 8 hours and definitely, his legs were numb. He wanted to rest and eat.

A couple of minutes later after that question was asked, Neteyam saw the ocean getting closer and closer and the forest getting further away. He was impressed with the amazing blue color the water had, he also saw the white sand and he couldn't hide the little gasp he let out while seeing the surroundings. He had never seen a place like that before. It was beautiful, even that word was not sufficient to label how ethereal that place looked like. Was it there where they were going to stay? He sure hoped so.

As they were getting closer and closer to the land, Neteyam saw Na'vis gathering around a big hut. He could hear yelling, he could see those Na'vis pointing at them and also, he heard a loud horn being played. That's where he understood that those Na'vis were from the Metkayina Clan, the water Na'vis. Is that where they are going to stay? Seems like a yes when his dad started to fly in circles around that hut with his Ikran and they all followed him, doing that to show that they came in peace and not to attack them or to cause any harm.

He heard his mother making her howling greeting noises and Tuk copying her. The five Ikrans finally landed on the sand with a strong sound. While he was getting off his Ikran, he could see everyone staring at them intensely, ready to attack with the spears they had. He cringed, he didn't like the way they were staring at his family or at him.

"Please act nice, don't say anything that could be misinterpreted and let me speak." His dad said with a warning look to the kids. "Remember we are here to ask them for refuge, we must be friendly." His dad made a weird face when he saw Neytiri taking her beloved bow from her Ikran, as if she was ready to fight. "Neytiri, love, please leave your bow on your Ikran, we can't look like a threat."