Confused

Neteyam was returning home after having the conversation with Ao'nung about finally being friends without having any kind of fight or disagreement and clearly, Neteyam hoped that Ao'nung would not ignore him again as he had done in the past few weeks. His tail had not stopped wagging as if it were the tail of a happy puppy and a huge smile threatened to appear on his face at how happy he was.

Both had agreed to apologize to their families when the situation had calmed down a bit. Neteyam knew that Ronal most likely didn't want to see him and possibly not Ao'nung either and that caused a small laugh to come out of his mouth. He couldn't believe that a boy as huge as Ao'nung would be dragged as if he were a small child by his mother. The heir to the Metkayina clan was even taller and more muscular than Tonowari!

He kept walking slowly and kicking at the soft sand that hugged his feet from time to time while he kept on thinking about him. Ao'nung was a person he didn't know very well yet, but his heart fluttered every time he looked at him and he longed to get to know him even more, so for the first time in his life, he would listen to his excited heart. Neteyam suddenly thought back to the conversation with his parents from a few minutes ago and really, he couldn't feel more embarrassed and for a second, he wished that a Palulukan would appear and devour him completely so that he could forget that conversation. He let out a loud sigh as he scratched his ears, stopping for a moment to assimilate the embarrassment he had been through. The cold, salt-scented night wind caressed his face as if it were a quiet whisper of comfort, and he inhaled as deeply as he could, filling his lungs with cold air.

Neteyam looked back for a second, his eyes shining green in the night and in the distance he looked at Ao'nung walking towards his own Marui and smiled a little, remembering a little the events of minutes ago. As soon as Tonowari and Tsireya had left the Sullys' Marui, Lo'ak let out a disgusted growl, staring at Neteyam with a strange glint in his eyes. Neytiri got up immediately and quickly, proceeded to close the curtain that had been hung at the entrance of the Marui to have more privacy and turned to Neteyam, she with a horrifying expression on her beautiful face.

Neteyam knew that they had screwed up as soon as Ronal had taken Ao'nung away in the most humiliating way possible for a clan heir, unfortunately, he did not quite understand what had been the problem and why Ronal had gotten so upset. Jake got up from his seat with a tired sigh and with a nod he indicated Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk to leave the Marui and impressively, the three siblings left without saying a word.

"What were you thinking, boy?" Jake asked, walking in circles and rubbing his hands over his face.

Neteyam folded down his ears, looking down at the floor. His mother stepped protectively alongside him, touching his shoulder with her delicate hand for comfort.

"What do you mean, father?" Neteyam dared to ask, his tail up and wagging as if he were on alert. "I don't know what we did wrong or why Ronal took Ao'nung like that, he just wanted me to try the salty fish."

Jake inhaled deeply, as if trying to calm down so he wouldn't act rude or scare his son, that wasn't the idea. He just wanted to know if Ao'nung was hurting the eldest son of his. He stopped walking in circles and stared at the dark blue skinned boy who was shorter than him. His wife next to Neteyam was looking at him expectantly and Jake couldn't help but feel his heart beat a little faster at the sight in front of him. Really Neytiri and Neteyam were identical and that made him feel very lucky.

"Boy, Ao'nung is the son of the Olo'eyktan and the Tsahik and you two acted very close, you two gave the wrong impression and Ronal probably noticed and well, uhm, that's inappropriate behavior, it seemed like Ao'nung wanted to eat you, my God." Jake covered his eyes, with a lot of stress inside him and he felt a chill down his spine at the way Ao'nung was looking at Neteyam. So shameless.