Friends

Ao'nung felt his ear throb in pain as his mother dragged him through the village like a small child, without mercy. Ronal for some reason was super upset and it was super obvious. He could tell the questioning looks other Na'vis were giving him as they passed by but Ao'nung didn't feel ashamed of being dragged off, he was rather surprised, his mother had never done such a thing. He couldn't help but wonder what he had done to make his mother so angry.

In the distance, while Ao'nung walked somewhat crouched so as not to tire his mother's hand that held his ear as if his life depended on it, he managed to look at Rotxo, who offered him a wide and worried smile.He was sure that his best friend was going to ask him later about the show they were giving.

When they got to her Marui, Ronal released him with a violent hiss and she grabbed her temples. Tonowari arrived seconds later, looking between his wife and his son, he looked as if he too was lost, he didn't seem to understand the problem that made his wife react like that. Tsireya entered quietly too, without taking her eyes off her older brother, with a knowing little smile.

"Sit down, Ao'nung." Ronal said with a dissaproving tone of voice. He did as he was told, kneeling in front of her, waiting for the scolding. "I can not believe this".

"But, mother, what's wrong, what did I do?" Ao'nung asked, in a low voice, as if he didn't want Ronal to hear.

"How dare you ask that? Careless child, you humiliated us in front of the Sullys!" She exclaimed, walking around the Marui as if she were a caged beast.

"But mother..." Ao'nung was going to complain until he felt Tonowari's hand on his shoulder. A sign to shut up and not make things worse, so he bit his lip with his fangs and let his mother scold him.

"Did you notice how you treated the older Sully son?" His mother growled at him. "Tentatively and inappropriately touching his leg and feeding him, in front of us, in front of his parents! What are they going to think of us? They are going to believe that we raised you to treat others as if they were your mate , you disrespected not only Toruk Makto and Neytiri, but Neteyam as well." Ronal yelled, feeling ashamed of her son's actions.

"But he is my friend!" Ao'nung tried to defend himself, he had not realized and had not thought that these actions would have consequences, it was just a game.

But were they really friends? He remembered the times he treated him badly, calling him a freak and the physical fight they had, the times he refused to be his friend, perhaps in the last few weeks something had changed? But, they hadn't seen each other much in the last few weeks either, but without a doubt, something inside him did change that day, Neteyam seemed like a beautiful boy and he liked spending time with him and obviously, he was going to spend more time with him and know him.

"Ao'nung, it was not appropriate how you acted in the dinner, only mates can have that intimate touch, not friends." Tonowari said, as if he was the most obvious thing in the world. Now, he understood the problem Ronal had, as Tsahik, she hated her son flirting with other Na'vis when it's nothing serious.

"Don't think I'm stupid, kid, I always see how you act with Zo'tek and that reputation you have, I don't want you to involve our guests to be part of those talks. Those things they say about you and that Na'vi are only for unions blessed by Eywa." Ronal sighed heavily, as if that would take the anger out of him. "You will apologize to Neteyam and his family for your shameful actions." Ronald decided. "Is that clear?"

Ao'nung nodded slightly, feeling his heart pounding like crazy. His mother had implied that only mates could touch each other like this, but he didn't do it with that intention... or so he wanted to believe. Simply, he wanted to spend more time with the dark blue skinned boy and tease him and touch him.