Training

Neteyam woke up pretty early in the morning when he felt Lo'ak's leg hitting him directly on his stomach. He whimpered in pain, removing Lo'ak's leg instantly.

He hissed at his sleeping brother while he sat on his bed, combing a little bit his messy braids with his hands. He yawned, closing his golden eyes that burned with tears from the fatigue he had, he felt exhausted and his body ached from the long journey he made with his family.

He promised himself to never to stay up that late again, he didn't want to lack in his new activities, he didn't want Tonowari to complain to his parents about him being lazy. He found himself missing his home, he felt homesickness. However, complaining or even feeling that way wouldn't make him magically appear in his home.

He needed to learn and adapt, he had nothing else to do but that, just as his dad said. He saw his dad moving slowly on his bed, hugging his mom and leaving a soft kiss on her forehead quickly before waking up completely, doing exactly what Neteyam did just a couple of seconds before. Jake noticed his son was awake and he smiled at him, getting up the bed with a loud groan.

"What are you doing so early?" He wanted to know, he noticed his son sneaking out of the Marui in the middle of the night.

Therefore, he thought his son was going to be the last one waking up and for the first time ever, he was going to let him oversleep until Tsireya called them to start training.

Neteyam made an uncomfortable gesture on his face, he really didn't want to tell his father what had happened during the night, with Ao'nung.

He was embarrassed that he tried to be Ao'nung's friend and he just made fun of him, rejected and humiliated him at the mangrove swamp. How could he say that -the thruth- to his father, the great Toruk Makto?

He remembered the talk he had with Ao'nung, making him instantly sad. There was no point in trying to be friends with someone who was unmannered and a total bully towards him.

"I was not able to sleep well, dad." He mentioned, biting the inside of his cheek.

Jake sighs, running a hand over his face and rubbing his eyes harshly. Neteyam noticed he was doing that quite a lot recently.

"Things will get better, kid, I promise." Jake said, placing his hand on top of Neteyam's head, trying to reassure him that the future holds good events, however, Jake didn't even look confident in what he just said. He just pretended for his older kid.

Neteyam smiled at him, placing his hand on top of his dad's head.

"Thank you, dad. I know it will because I am Toruk Makto's son, I can do anything and no one can make me feel bad! "He said with a confident smile and a joking tone, looking directly at his dad's eyes.

He was really trying to convince himself that what he said is the only truth for him, trying not to think in Ao'nung's words.

"Well. kid, I have to leave, Tonowari is expecting me this early to show me how to hunt. Behave today in your own training, please make sure Lo'ak behaves as well. "He asked, looking at his younger son sleeping soundly. Jake thought Lo'ak looked so cute sleeping, he for sure, didn't look like a walking high blood pressure.

Neteyam nodded, as the older brother, he needed to make sure his younger brother was behaving. His dad dedicated his last smile and left the Marui, yawning without any shame and mumbling about wanting to drink something called coffee.

Neteyam didn't know what was that, they didn't have that on Pandora, so his conclusion was that it must be something from Earth, he wondered what it was, so he made another of the many mental notes he had to ask him later.