Lost

Neteyam ran away from Ao'nung quickly, trying not to slip on the shiny moss, hit himself with the rocks or cut himself. He felt his heart pounding in his chest strongly as he imagined Ao'nung chasing after him, catching him with those muscular arms, both of them falling to the ground with Ao'nung's large body on top of his. He shivered with excitement. He kept running despite wanting Ao'nung to catch him and show him the punishment he had mentioned if he caught him. As he fled from the sky-blue boy, he would run into any path that came into his sight in the cave, zigzagging without really knowing and paying attention to where he was going.

After a couple of seconds, Neteyam realized that he did not hear Ao'nung's footsteps behind him, nor did he hear his laughter or anything that indicated that he was chasing him. So he stopped running, he looked behind him, trying to see anything that would indicate that Ao'nung was playing with him and indeed following him. However, he could only observe the glowing moss that illuminated the cave and the sound of water drops falling on the rocks, nothing else. He began to look around to verify how to go back and realized that he did not recognize where he was, nor did he hear the sound of the pool of water.

"Ao'nung, where are you?" He yelled on edge, tail flicking around and the ears folded down when he heard his own voice echoing around the cave.

Now, his heart was not throbbing with excitement, it was throbbing with growing anxiety. He bit his lips hard, afraid of not recognizing where he was, of not listening to Ao'nung chasing him and of being surrounded by stone with no way out in sight. Everything was dark, the only light he could see was the bioluminescence that the plants offered him. He inhaled deeply and decided to walk forward, following the path he had already entered, not knowing if it was a good idea to keep walking or just stay where he was.

He decided to be brave, he was the mighty warrior after all. He knew there were no threats in the cave and that Ao'nung would eventually find him, or so he wanted to believe.

To Ao'nung, it had come as a complete surprise that Neteyam was so fast at running. He expected the dark-skinned boy to be a little slower or at least have a hard time walking or running on those slippery surfaces. Apparently, he was not only fast, but also his feet adapted quickly to the environment or so it seemed. He thought that totally catching him would be easy since one of his feet was already injured from having slipped from a rock, but he had totally underestimated Neteyam. He was still even more fascinated with him, seeing him laugh and run away from him, without a doubt, the hunter's impulses almost dominated him and he had to restrain himself from running towards him immediately and punishing him, only Eywa knowing how when he caught him. Seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

He thought that maybe Neteyam didn't want that or didn't felt the same warm Ao'nung was feeling and that's why he ran away from him at such speed or maybe Ao'nung hadn't understood the game, he didn't know. He was confused. He, of course, didn't understand Neteyam was playing with him.

He counted the 10 seconds to let Neteyam flee, feeling weird emotions building in his chest and hot pangs in his lower stomach. Ao'nung felt hot, he felt giddy, and he was not thinking that they both had to fish for dinner. He could only think of the beauty of the forest boy and how tempting he was.

Looking at him on all fours, smiling, playing with him, drove him crazy and didn't let him think straight, much less thought about the consequences that his game of catching Neteyam could have but he was so deep in his mind and how did they go from having a nice holding hands to both playing with each other with a palpable tension in the air with Ao'nung full of excitement and something else that throbbed in his lower abdomen.

He knew that perhaps, feeling a little attraction towards the blue-skinned boy was not ideal at that moment, since that boy longed for a friendship with him and seemed unaware of how his little games, words and actions had affected his hormones, which It had never happened to Ao'nung but without a doubt Neteyam was graceful, beautiful and tempting like no one in the Metkayina clan was ever before and he allowed himself to be influenced by his own feelings, allowing both of them to be distracted from their tasks.