Teasing

Neteyam spends flying on the clear, beautiful blue sky for a couple of minutes when he finally sees his Marui from the distance, smiling with relief.

Back there, on the mangrove, he was very scared, he still felt on the back of his neck that burning gaze that was following him, looking at him as if he were a prey. And the worst part of everything, is that he had no weapon to defend himself against whatever that was, that's why he was so scared, he didn't like the feeling of being vulnerable.

If that thing where as big as some animals that the forest had, he would've been fucked without a weapon. He makes a mental note to never leave his Marui without grabbing his bow and arrows. He sees his siblings still playing on the sand, having lots of fun suddenly, making him want to join them to release all of the stress he had on the mangrove swamp.

While flying closer to them, he notices his siblings have spotted him in the sky, he hears Tuk yelling at him, excited to see his Ikran.

"Neteyam!" She screamed very amused, jumping with happiness while he flew with Imawi, circling her from above.

That makes him laugh a little bit with joy, he always loved to see how excited his baby sister was when she saw the Ikrans. Neteyam then gets close enough to the land to get off Imawi with a safe distance from his siblings, removing the bond while happily walking to his sister with a fast pace.

He heard a loud chirping noise from Imawi, as if she was saying goodbye to him while she started to fly again when he removed the tsaheylu bond and he knew, for some reason, that he wasn't going to fly with her for a very long time.

He saw her flying onto the direction of the mangrove he was at, losing sight of her after a couple of seconds.

"Where were you, Neteyam? We have been waiting for you  for ages so we can all eat! "She complained with a childish voice, raising her hands, asking Neteyam to pick her up. He did.

"We thought you actually got lost, bro." Lo'ak said, making fun of him, grabbing a bunch of sand and throwing it to Tuk and Neteyam gently.

"I'm going to let dad and mom know you are here, they were getting preoccupied that you were not coming back after you told mom you were going for a walk." Kiri said, rolling her eyes with annoyance, secretly thanking Eywa for his safe return.

"I actually got lost. '' Neteyam laughed, a little bit embarrassed of himself, he saw how Lo'ak's eyes were all of a sudden full of surprise. "I had to enter a mangrove to call for Imawi, if I hadn't done that, then probably I would be dead already. There was something weird following me but I was not able to see anything there".

"My mighty warrior getting lost? That's something new". He bursted into laughter, punching his older brother's forearm, making Neteyam regret his choices of telling him what truly happened in that suspicious place. "Seems like there's a new animal we need to hunt, right? It sounds like a challenge if you were not able to see it."

Neteyam knew his brother was going to do something stupid with that new information he had told him. He totally regretted telling him that, now, he would have to keep an eye on his brother so that he didn't do anything that might put his life in danger. Neteyam sighed, letting Tuk down at the sand again.

He was going to reply to his brother or maybe warn him about doing something unnecessary as going to that mangrove, but he kept quiet when he saw his dad walking towards him with a strange facial expression. 

"Where were you? Are you hurt?” Jake asked him, grabbing him from the shoulders moving him around, looking to see if he had any type of injury on his body. He saw from afar his mother, shaking her head in disapproval. "You know you can't be gone for so long, not with the Sky people threatening us!