papa spoiling

When I woke up I felt warm and safe. After a few moments I realized I was wrapped up in Papa's arm's. Not wanting to get up and deal with the world just yet I snuggled in closer. Hearing Papa chuckle at me. "Feel better cub?" He asked softly. I nodded into his chest.

"Papa is warm, strong, and safe. Even if he can be rather stinky at times." I told him very seriously. My voice still thick with sleep. Hearing Papa's deep chuckle again I smiled into myself thinking I must still be dreaming. "I think I like this dream Papa can I stay?" I accidentally speak out loud.

I feel Papa tug me up and tap my nose with his finger till I crack an eye open at him. "You are awake little cub. Now let's eat some breakfast birthday boy." He said dragging us both from his bed. I was understandably very confused about the birthday bit. Wasn't it still day's away.

When we sat to eat I was still being held by papa. By the time we were both ready for the day I was very confused. "We are going to go shopping today." Papa told me tugging on my sash to tighten it. "You sure about going out like this? You never like wearing your dresses in public." He fussed over my hair trying to make my now long messy curls behave.

My eyes widen at that. "We are? But what for Papa? We have everything we need don't we?" I said looking about trying to spot what was missing "besides I don't have anymore clean boy clothes. So I'll just have to live with it." I received a chuckle from Papa as he then scooped me up.

He kissed my cheek gently. "We do have everything we need. But I thought some extra spoiling was in order." He carried us to the grand hall where we kept the vanishing cabinet and went through to Ragnarok's office. "You have it ready director?" Papa asked Ragnarok clearly being secretive.

"I do. Oh and Vel happy name day." A sack of coins was handed to papa along with a small parsel. Papa glamoured himself before we left. First we went to a salon where my hair was given a proper trim to make it all even. When done they tied it up in a ribbon with the bow on top of my head. Papa even got me ten more ribbons in the coloring wore most frequently. Green, purple, silver, blue, black, white, blood red, grey, teal, and one iridescent. Though I'm fairly certain the iridescent ribbon was because of my collection of muscle shells I had in my room because I liked the way the inside looked as light struck them.

Next we went to a tailers shop and Papa had the trailer finish a beautiful black and green dress that came off at my knees with long sleeves made of lace. Without my notice Papa had gone and come back when he put a pair of combat boots in front of me. I squealed in joy they were perfect. Papa told me if I wanted I could wear them about because we weren't done yet. I happily agreed.

After there Papa took me to several different book stores. And both our personal favorite the junk shops. We found a few things that made us curious. Just as I thought surely we were done and we would head home Papa picked me up with one arm. And took us into a shop filled with animals. "See anything of interest Vel?" I shook my head.

We went to three more before Papa decided to take us elsewhere. Once out in the muggle world I clung to Papa. It was terribly loud. Papa didn't seem sure of where to go either. Thinking of how peaceful the zoo would be on a day like today I suggested we go there. Once safely inside the zoo we both relaxed. We wandered through the exhibits watching the animals. I stared at the lion for a long time thinking of Hogwarts.

But when we when through the reptile house I felt a tug towards the back. As I approached I remembered the snake I had set lose on Dudley last time. Smiling to myself I pulled Papa over to it. "Papa he's so pretty." He was in fact an albino anaconda. But from the markings I could tell he was a mixed breed likely with a basilisk. The plack said he had abnormal growths on his head but I had a feeling it wasn't abnormal at all. "Papa do you think they'll let us hold him if we ask?" I said completely in thralled with the gorgeous snake.