vacation

I woke warm and secure in Tom's arms not really wanting to get up. I could tell it was late in the morning from the brightness coming through the curtain's. I heard Tom chuckled a bit as I glared lightly at them. "We can stay right here if you want Vel. Or we can go explore. Or we can just head to the heated pool they have here. The choice is yours. As long as you don't choose work." Tom told me brushing my hair out of my face. I blinked at him. Did he really mean that.

"No work?" I asked dumbfounded. Why wouldn't he let me work with so much to do? Didn't he understand the need to get thing done. "But we're running out of time.." I began he put his finger over my mouth gently.

"We have time my dear. Today we are going to have fun just the two of us. And at some point your going to send a message to your Papa explaining that your on vacation." Tom explained to me. Salt slithered up onto us then. Complaining of cold and hunger.

Tom looked at Salt in amusement. "Salt must you behave like this every morning. Geeze fine rat or rabbit?" I exclaimed in irritation as salt began to purposely muss my hair.

"Rabbit I'm starving!" Salt said happily slipping from the bed. I wandlessly summoned a rabbit for salt to hunt around the room. Turning back to Tom he was staring at me in shock.

"What's wrong? Tom?" He stared at me hard for a bit more. Before he suddenly kissed me hard.

"You speak my dear. I didn't think you could but you do. Why didn't you tell me you could speak?" This was followed by several more kisses. "This is wonderful my dear. I could teach you how to read and write parcel script." He kissed me this time glancing his tongue along my lips.

Confused but very pleased with the attention he was giving me I opened my mouth slightly. He began to slowly deepen the kiss. As my eyes slid closed. When he finally broke the make out session I blinked up at him. "Tom you've heard me talk before. What's parcel script? And can we do that again?" I managed when I caught my breath.

Tom gave a breathless laugh. "No my dear you have never spoken parseltounge in front of me before. Parcel script is written language of parseltounge. Though honestly it's more runic. As for kissing like that..." He stated briefly before he began to kiss me once more.

I'm unsure how long we remained in bed kissing each other before both our stomachs growled at us causing us to laugh. Taking the room service menu from the side table I started to look it over. "Nearly noon dear." He informed me as he got up and headed to the bathroom. I picked a cornucopia of food for brunch. Then grabbed some clothes. When Tom came out I went in and got ready for a day for just us.

I choose to wear my mother's bell bottoms and her blue blouse. And a long fur trimmed cardigan as it was cold out. When I stepped out Tom was dressed rather nicely. Wearing jeans a long sleeve shirt and a long aviator jacket. He was currently having the room service brought in. I smiled to myself realizing we somehow managed to match.

After we finished brunch Tom lead me out of my room and we headed to the shopping center. He gave me several chaste kisses throughout the day. Never once being far away from me. "Come my dear let's go back and enjoy the view from your room. You still need to write to your Papa. And I need to see about the room next to yours." He coaxed me as I had been rummaging through a used book store for sometime now.

Using a self inking quill and a book to write on we sat on the balcony of my room. Tom had insured they were preparing the room next to mine for him. I wrote to Papa as though Tom had not found me. As though I was just telling him about my vacation. Tom smiled down at me as I sealed it up. "I'm still mad at you. And I'll be working after dinner." I informed him bluntly. One day of shopping won't make up for all the ignoring he's done.

Tom frowned at me for a moment. "Alright, I deserve your anger. But dearest I was hoping you would just relax for a small while." He truly looked concerned as he watched me intently.

I heaved a great sigh. "I did but this work needs to be done. Your literally the only person who might be able to accomplish this other than me. But you have a war to fight." I said standing slowly. But he didn't give me a chance to move back into the room.

"I know dear but I looked over those designs a bit ago there's not really any relaxing things put in there for our future subjects. You need to relax and find things to include for them to enjoy." He told me as he pulled me to him. I felt that strange lack of argument coming over me again. Not trusting it I gave a soft growl.

"Maybe you should be in charge of that then. And I'll work defensive measurements into them." I tried to pull away. Only for him to hold me closer to him.

"Please calm down Vel. Talk to me. What has you upset right now." He was smoothing my hair. As he held me I felt more of compliant.

"To compliant. Hard to think. So much work, you always leave for a long time." I tried to explain. Slowly I felt whatever it was starting it to lessen. "Just when I think you'll stay. When I won't feel so alone. You leave and stay away again. I hate it and it hurts." It had now dissipated to almost nothing. But had left me slumped against his chest. "I don't understand why I can't argue with you. My brain just gets compliant, and foggy. What's wrong with me. I know better then to just give in, yet twice now I have. What if I wind up in a fight it'll be a problem." I mini ranted tiredly. Fighting the fog had left me feeling exhausted.

He hummed and pressed a kiss on my head. "It won't be a problem dear. I'll have to explain this to you a bit. I won't leave like that again. Why don't you take a rest before dinner. We're going to go to the hotel restaurant in about two hours. I made the reservation when I booked my room." He told me as he carried me in to tuck me into bed.

××××××××××××××××Tom×××××××××××××××

        I had pulled him to me and began to release pheromones to calm him again. I just wanted to get him to talk to me. Upon realizing that it was disturbing him I released less I continued to lessen it until he relaxed. He didn't understand what his reactions were. And he couldn't fully trust me at the moment either. I was honestly angry with myself. Fenrir would likely be pretty damned pissed off about it. But I needed to explain what was happening. I would do so gently and carefully throughout this vacation. Though I knew I would also have to  concede and allow some work to get done.

      Even what he told me of the previous life he was always a hard worker. Not by his own volition but he had always worked hard. He might not know how to relax. I will need to help him learn this. By the God's this will take forever. After I was fully checked in to my room next to his. I decided to unpack and settle in he had his room for a week and I would check out the same day. Apparently he had plans to go stay in India next. So I would need to look into the right hotel.

        When it was time to go I used his room key and went to wake him. But found him sitting at the desk in the room. He was just sealing a letter. After addressing it to Ragnarok he made some sort of design on the upper right corner. "What's that design for dear?" I asked causing him to start.

      He turned to me wide eyed. "I didn't hear you come in." He seemed slightly out of sorts. I placed a kiss on his brow to calm him rather than the pheromones. "The design is for the goblins. It tells them to deliver this as a #1 priority letter. As well as a few other things. I'm awful at spoken goblin. But I excel at written." He told me as he turned away blushing.

       "We will send them in the morning dear. What do you think of doing some sightseeing? I think it would help you to better understand the culture." I asked baiting him with a small aspect of the work needing done. It worked as he nodded slowly.

      "Alright. Let's go to dinner I'm rather hungry." He said a determined look on his face. I already knew he was probably planning on convincing me to let him do more work while we traveled. I knew I would have to let him. Just like I knew I wasn't going to even consider letting him handle it alone.

        Dinner was a quiet affair. He did get me to help with work for three hours a night, let him carry a notepad for just Incase, and regular mail drops at bank's.

       By the time he started to yawn I was also pretty worn out. After I ensured he wouldn't get up again till morning I headed to my own room to sleep.