left

After three whole days of not leaving I packed up all my stuff and went for a bath. On the way to the community bath's I frowned hearing multiple footfalls in sink with each other. But I ignored it it was probably one or both of the training groups. Salt hissed happily as we came up on the bath house. I quickly got us into the water before salt had a hissy fit. He really loved having his scales cleaned and scratched at. After our bathing was finally finished I took salt up and to my room putting away what I wouldn't need for a week long trip to southern Italy. After twenty minutes I was packed ready to go and was heading off to Italy. I had left a note in the kitchen that I was going on a trip and would be back soon. Didn't want to stress daddy out while he was pregnant after all.

I had left a separate note in an envelope for Tom. It read as thus.

Tom, I'll be out and about see you whenever good luck with everything. Vel

I left it at that. Not telling anyone where I was heading just going. And so I left with my only true companion Salt.

×××××××××××××××××Tom××××××××××××××××

After the day of the breakout Vel was quiet. To quiet he hasn't come to see me hadn't sent a letter. I knew he was taking care of the new people in the mountain as well as tending to my people. But not one peep from him. I was busy myself but I still had plenty of time to spend with him if he'd only just ask. After a month I decided to show up at his training room to help with their training. But he told Bella I'd take over for the day and left. He did this for the next two days before he simply didn't show up at all.

Two days later Narcissa asked if I had seen Vel at all as he apparently hadn't shown his face in a few days. Fenrir said he'd probably caught a cold and would show up when he was feeling better. But I had a strange feeling that wasn't it at all. The next day I had them running the whole circuit of the fortress. I thought I saw Vel in the lower sector but when I turned to look the person was gone. Later on at lunch Fenrir picked up two envelopes one for them and one for me. He sat handing me mine he opened theirs. I opened mine quickly as it was in Vel's hand. Fenrir was staring blankly at the note in his hand. As I did to mine.

"Does yours say where he went?" Fenrir asked as Severus and Narcissa took them to gasp in horror. Exchange then gasp again.

"No, I take it yours doesn't either." I stated more then asked. ' why'd he leave. I thought he wanted me here.' we all ate in silence until Severus was ready to go back. Once Fenrir and Severus were gone though Abraxus piped up.

"Well looks like he's not going to let your month long absence slid lightly." He said clearly unsurprised.

"What the hell do you mean?" I snapped at him.

"You left him for three years. Never once wrote to him first. He was always the one to do that. Then you came on his name day and promised not to do that again. And the first thing you do is just that. Then proceeded to not bother to even acknowledge his presence when you were in the same room as him. He is done chasing you. That's what his note to you really means." He was yelling at me now. "Now he has left going to unknown places. For who knows how long. He either feels rejected or like a burden. And honestly I don't blame him." He finished storming out while I was still in shock.

"You know what needs to be done to bring him home don't you?" Lucius asked softly clearly worried about the whole problem rather then just Vel running.

I shook my head in disbelief. He had run away not from home but from loneliness. Loneliness I had promised not to let him feel again twice now I had broken that promise. And he had left to not allow me to cause it again. "I broke my promise twice now. Twice I've made him feel alone. There is no fixing it." I said truly feeling like shit.