subterfuge

As Vel began to panic I spun him to me not having thought he would react this badly. I tried to talk him out of it first. Noticing it wasn't working I pressed his ear to my chest as a forest painting flew across the room. I could feel just how powerful he was right now. I could see Abraxus fighting against Vel's magic to get up. Seeing that my heart beat was not helping I looked around for a wand something anything. Looking back to Abraxus I saw him gesture to his shoulder then rub it before pointing to Vel.

Getting the hint I started to rub his arm from shoulder to elbow. The magical pressure in the room began to dim somewhat. Continuing this until his breathing became even with sleep. Once I was sure he was completely out I sat heavily. "What in Mordred's tits was that?" I questioned at a loss.

"That was him panicking." Abraxus said obviously winded. "I've heard of his magic lashing out but that's my first time experiencing it." He stood taking out his wand to repair the room. "Fenrir made sure before he left him at the manner to tell us to rub his arms If he loses it like that. Lucius had at first claimed Vel was to dangerous to spend nights over." Pausing to check his work. "Now I see why. But he was brow beaten into it by Narcissa and Draco. Though I see now why he was so worried. How did thing like this go unnoticed in the muggle world?" He mused starring at the child perplexed.

That made me straighten in the chair. 'it wouldn't have. But his ire towards humans and Dumbledore...' "it wouldn't have on it's own. But if he had blocks placed.. Dumbledore. And even then the muggles.... None of this bodes well." I told him my thought path. Seeing it register but not a single trace of surprise. "You knew this?"

He nodded in a resigned manner. "Yes, but he has asked me not to tell you specifically of such things. He said he'd rather reveal those things himself if he ever desires to do so." I could tell there was something else he wanted to say but was holding back. Gesturing for him to continue he gave a nod. "Be careful with him. He's different." He said moving now to help me up with him.

Desiding to take him to my room I directed Abraxus to help take him there. As I laid Vel down he clung to me in sleep. "No.. papa stay.." realizing that I wasn't going to be able to leave any time soon I simply laid down next to him. Abraxus covered us in the blanket with a small smile. "Looks like beary will be replaced for the night." Not knowing who or what that was I gave a confused nod and went to sleep. 'need to get my stamina back up.'

I was woken by my instincts. Assessing the room I felt another presence was there awake and staring at me. Pressing my brain I remembered Vel was currently in my bed. "You woke me with the intensity of your starring Vel was it." I told him barely opening my eyes.

He squirmed a bit before responding. "Why are you.... What is your purpose?" He asked me. I pulled him closer so he didn't fall off the bed.

"Shhh. Be still you'll fall off. You wouldn't let go of me after your panic attack last night." I explained as to why I was in the bed with him. He did infact stop squirming in my arms.

"Let me up." His voice was hesitant. I moved my arms so he could carefully manage to get up. After he'd done so he spoke again. "Thanks and sorry. I'll fix breakfast." He informed me as he made his way into the bathroom.

×××××××××××××××××Vel×××××××××××××××××

After I had left his rooms I made my way to the kitchen silent as a mouse. 'his standing up with me show's he it is as I believed. He was acting weaker then he is. Need to get a better handle on my panic attacks.' *death are you there?* I called out mentally.

*Yes, master always. What do you jave in mind also would you like the newspaper clippings of Vernon's death?* Death asked me curiously. I smiled to myself rather pleased.