chase

When Papa came back after the moon days he was furious that I had found and invited Tom here. They had both agreed to keep it a secret that I'd had a hand in his return to form. Papa grounded me from the library for a month and even took the books from my office and room. So I spent the next two weeks either with Tom in the training room or glued to Papa's hip.

The muggles had well and truly realized that Harry Potter was likely dead. And yet Dumbledore had tell anyone of my absence. I had found out from death that he believed me to have shattered my core hence no invite to Hogwarts. Tom was extremely curious about what Dumbledore had done to incure my wrath. But had not received an answer as of yet.

Today I was taking Tom to tour the fortress. While doing that I wanted to tell him about my plans all of them. See if he would even be interested in helping. We were all eating breakfast and papa was intermittently feeding extra food from his plate. He hadn't let me sit on my own sense Tom's arrival. "I have pack duties today cub. But I'll be back by dinner. Abraxus, and Narcissa should be along soon enough. Stay within her line of sight." He ordered me. I frowned at that. I wouldn't be watched like this constantly for the rest of my life. Taking the last bite off his plate he sat me down on his chair before leaving.

I gave it 3 minutes before I jumped down and made us packed lunches for the day. Along with snacks and drinks. "Umm if he wants us to stay in her view don't you think you'll need more for whatever reason your packing those." Tom asked as I began wrapping them up. Looking at him I knew he was aware I had no intention of being in view all day. I smirked at him and he smirked back all about getting off the radar for a bit.

"I won't be ordered about. Nor will I be watched constantly. It is annoying." I explained as he stood taking care of the dishes. As I cleaned up the table I looked at his training clothes and smiled I know just how to sell this training to them. "If anyone asks we were taking a longer training run to test your endurance." He nodded at that smiling at me genuinely.

I grabbed his hand and he grabbed the packed lunches. We went down to the grand hall. I heard Abraxus and Narcissa talking through the doors. Looking at Tom I saw he looked just as panicked by this. Pulling him towards an alcove I. The stone where I had carved a statue he seemed to realize where we headed and yanked us behind it. He curled us up at the base of the statue just as the doors to the grand hall opened. We both froze and listened as they walked up towards the training room. Once sure they wouldn't reach us in time I took us into the grand hall silently.

I tugged his hand leading him to the huge doors below the dias. Once through the doors I sealed them with a parsel lock. Then we both started laughing. "Freedom." I yelled running in a circle around Tom. He grabbed me into a hug. "Now I just have to escape you shouldn't be too difficult." He said it in a joking manner but I knew he was a little bit serious.

"Sure you want to escape before you've seen the fortress I built?" I asked not really wanting him to think about leaving. It was nice having him here with all his snarky comments and his drive to reach his goals matched my own. He hummed in thought as he looked around. "Sure show me around maybe I'll mark you once your of age." He said ruffling my hair.

"I'm not a follower Tom. I don't do being ordered about." I made a gesture at the door to indicate that I wasn't even listening to Papa. "What I want is to be allies. Or maybe even partners. I'll explain my plans and as we go today." I sighed he would never agree. Well at least he might agree to leave us out of this. I started to show him down the hall taking him to through several home areas. Then a market district which currently was empty. I showed him the barracks and bathhouse. He truly was getting more and more intrigued as we went.

Gathering up my all my courage as I showed him a vast farming sector. "With just what you've seen they should have realized what I've been preparing for. Weather it is a magic on magic fight or magic on nonmagical fight war is coming Tom." I told him seriously. He spun to face me a bit shocked at my statement.