Two

Waking up to the feeling of warm sunlight blanketing my bare torso is the best feeling as I come back around to consciousness, my nose pressed against the skin of Niall's neck and his heavy arm over my bare back feels heavenly so early on

My eyes remain shut, cheek pressed against the pillow that it's beneath while I lay on my stomach sprawled out beside my husband.

Saturday mornings like this are so calm, both of us laying in bed and refusing to leave the comfort until completely necessary. We sleep in, soaking in the sleep we've lost through the week, he usually sleeps longer which gives me time to admire his gentle features.

He sleeps on his side facing me, blonde hair messy because he's yet to style it so it simply falls flat while lips part ever so slightly, meaning I can hear his snores. It's something I've learnt to love, he snored when we were younger and it irritated me to no end but now it's like music to my ears.

I've fallen in love with all his little habits that used to annoy me, I'm sure he feels the same with me because I was an annoying kid. Being his best friend's little sister was all I used to be to him, crashing sleepovers just to spend time with them because I didn't have any friends.

Being bullied for the entirety of my childhood definitely altered parts of my brain that were developing. I never had friendships or people to play with on the playground but I had my big brother and his best friend who seemed to not mind me always being around.

Everyone adored my brother and I simply lived in his shadow because I wasn't smart or creative, I had slithers of those things but no more than what my brother was praised for. He was on sports teams, got straight A's, tutored other kids and took part in hundreds of different extra curricular activities.

Then there was me, the only thing I had going for me was the intense ballet training I put myself through for hours upon hours a week. I quit when I was sixteen and my parents were so disappointed in me, they thought I had a career with the talent I had but I realised they had only really loved me because I had something going for me.

Niall came back into my life when I was seventeen, we naturally drifted as we got older and he went to parties with my brother and didn't hang out at my house anymore. He was there when everyone else turned their backs on me, he held me in the darkness and promised he'd never leave me again and he didn't.

I practically moved in with him, his family took me under their wing and showed me unconditionally love and support with the things I aspired to do in life. Niall had a massive falling out with my brother around the same time, I blamed myself for it but he assured me it was a long time coming. He doesn't like to talk about it now.

A little groan leaves his lips, shuffling closer to me on the mattress until his head is falling down against my shoulder blade and I'm encased with the warmth of his body. "M'Evie, you awake, baby?"

The sound of his raspy voice sends butterflies swarming around my stomach, feeling him nuzzle his nose against my bare skin for some attention.

"Mhm, good morning." I mumble, my cheek still pressed into the pillow. I can't move because of how he's holding me, I love the feeling of him on me like this when we're both so sleepy.