Epilogue II

Two years later

Contractions are the worst pain I think I've ever experienced

Contractions are the worst pain I think I've ever experienced. Physical pain at least but as soon as the extreme cramps are mixed with the worry and upset my brain creates it's just a recipe for disaster.

When I went into labour with Archie, it was all new. I was petrified. Niall had gone into work for just an hour for a quick meeting, he didn't want to leave but it was extremely important and Harry - who he'd put in charge so he could be there for me - couldn't handle everything alone. He left me and Arlo with Lennon and within fifteen minutes my waters had broken and I became a sobbing terrified mess when she couldn't get hold of either of our husbands.

When she finally did, she was shouting at Harry down the phone, literally screeching with pure anger that neither of them answered the phone to start with. She went easy on Niall when he got to the house, he was panicked, teary eyes and it was very obvious he didn't mean to not answer and felt awful.

But we were in hospital for close to fifteen hours before our little Archie boy made an appearance. Archie Edward Horan came out screaming his lungs out and the moment was surreal, he was laid on my chest and the years we spent desperately trying for a child all finally clicked into place.

Adjusting to having two babies was an experience and after two months of having Archie in our lives we decided to start trying for a third baby which was something we desperately wanted and didn't know how long it would take to conceive again.

Turns out it would be a lot quicker than the first time around.

A year later we were sitting around Harry and Lennon's house, doting over her own pregnancy that she'd told us about a month before. I couldn't cope with the smell of the food Harry was cooking, I was sitting there trying desperately not to show it on my face but as soon as my plate was laid in front of me I couldn't hold back and had to run to the closest toilet.

I got a positive pregnancy test the next morning.

Lennon and I's pregnancies were three months apart which means she's got a two month old sweet baby girl, Madeleine Styles, and I've got another month to wait until I meet my daughter.

When we found out our youngest would be a little girl it felt like our little family was complete, Niall gets the baby girl he definitely is made to have, I hope she's a daddy's girl. He loves on my bump, encourages our sons to talk to their little sister and watching him relish my final pregnancy has filled my heart to the extremes.

However, lying awake in our silent dark bedroom while a fairly strong contraction ripples through my body I know it might not actually be very long before our daughter is making an appearance. She's just four weeks early which is all I can think about as I clutch my bump under the thick duvet while listening to Niall's heavy snores.

It's comforting but not much can really distract me from the overwhelming pain.

After I had Archie I almost forgot the pain of labour until I got pregnant again and I remembered all of the fears from the early trimester which I experienced all over again. We had Lennon and Harry around for the entire duration of this pregnancy, we made the move to London just before I gave birth and we lived in a small rented house while we had our dream home built literally next door to Harry and Lennon.