Fifteen

Warning
There are some discussions of mental health including thoughts of suicide in this chapter

☆Warning☆There are some discussions of mental health including thoughts of suicide in this chapter

"Uncle Sean?"

My voice is so delicate, whispering with wide eyes as I stare at the man who made my childhood a lot happier than it truly was. I'm frowning, confused as to why he's standing in Niall's office - I've been selfishly trying to keep myself away from him the best I can.

He looks just like my dad, they have the same eyes just Sean's are incredibly soft and gentle, looking at me sympathetically. Sadly, I'm sure he's aware that I don't want to be around him due to the resemblance he has with my father - I don't even know why I can't face him.

However, it seems like I don't get a choice in when I'm seeing him again for the first time since I was seventeen because it's happening right now. 

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I mutter out, still clinging to Poppy's little body like a safety net. I'd hide behind her small head in the hopes I can disappear from this situation, I have to let go of her with one arm to dig my nails into my palm to stop myself from crying.

He glances behind him at Niall who's jumped up from his desk chair, palms flat on the wooden surface as he watches me. I can see them staring at each other, silently trying to create some answer for me while my eyes flick between them both.

Sean looks back at me, quietly assessing me before his facial muscles twitch up into a tiny smile. "You look so much older, my little rose."

The nickname hits me right in the stomach, making me feel like I need to double over and scream out in pain. He always called me his little rose because I'd steal a red rose from the bouquet he always kept on the dining table, I'd put them in my hair, sprinkle the petals around the house and just became associated with the flower.

I don't respond, biting the inside of my mouth when I feel tears beginning to build in my eyes. I wish I was stronger than this but the sweet childhood nickname has brought back so many memories I desperately always wanted to keep happy but they slowly were plagued with heartbreak.

"Harry, could you take Poppy downstairs? I ordered food from the place next door, if you could pick it up?" Niall requests softly, politely trying to give Sean and I some privacy.

I hand Poppy into her father's arms, she looks very confused with a toddler pout on her lips. "Bye bye my Cherry, be back soon." She whispers, resting her temple against Harry's shoulder while waving her small hand at me.

Being sad around her is impossible, I have to smile back and send a small wave. "Go get the yummy food sweet Poppet."

She smiles, a dimple popping in her cheek. I look at Harry who gives me a reassuring squeeze of the shoulder before he's leaving the office and gently shutting the door. I sigh, turning back to look at the two men in this office, they both look incredibly nervous.