Chapter 4

A few weeks later we were at Miami and I was driving around Miami in my convertible with Faith. Faith was giggling as the wind whipped her hair around, she had a massive grin on her face as she looked around. I smiled and laughed, when I parked at the hotel, I picked Faith up and carried her inside. When we got to our room I placed her on the bed.

"Okay, what do you want to do?" I asked her as I put away my keys and wallet, Faith shrugged,
"Swimming, wanna watch something?" I said giving her suggestions,
"Both!" She said, I chuckled,
"Sure how about we swim and then come back and watch a show?" I suggested, Faith nodded excitedly, I changed quickly into my bathing suit before helping Faith into hers. I laughed as she sassily posed, I have her my sunglasses then I pulled out my phone a took some pictures. I showed them to her and we laughed over them before I selected my two favourites and posted them.

@charles_leclerc:

                                  ⚫️⚪️

⚫️⚪️

⚪️⚫️
Liked by: 1,444,888

@charles_leclerc: my sassy princess is ready for the pool!

Comments:
@Landonorris: so freaking adorable!
@lewishamilton: well I didn't think it was possible but there is a new even cuter Leclerc!
|
@lorenzoleclerc: oh by far, I'm a close second but the other two are way in the back.
|
@arthurleclerc: as if!

@maxverstappen: loving the glasses!
@danielricciardo: 😍😍😍
@pierregasly: so cute! ❤️

Faith and I swam in the pool at the hotel for two hours before Faith got to tried and we headed up to our room. I ordered room service and we ate supper while watching frozen.

At the end of the movie I glanced over at Faith and found her asleep, I smiled and tucked her into the bed before going to my bed and scrolling through instagram for a bit.

.

It was Saturday a day before race day, I enjoyed miami so I was excited for the race. I stood talking to Carlos outside the Ferrari hospitality. Faith had wandered a little ways away and was looking at a sign, I made sure to glance at her occasionally to make sure she didn't wander to far away.

"Anyway, so I walk into the kitchen and Lando had managed to burn them." Carlos said,
"How? How do you burn eggs?" I asked shocked.

"I don't know?!? It's Lando, anyways so we had to order take out and then we went to watch a movie and he suggested a horror movie." Carlos continued,
"Lando? A horror?" I asked, Carlos shrugged,
"I know, I thought the same, but he wanted to watch it so we did, we couldn't even finish it he was so scared. Then for the rest of the night he was jumping and screaming at every little sound." Carlos said, we both laughed,
"Landos is something else." I said laughing,
"That's for sure." Carlos said.

"Wait." Carlos suddenly said, he looked around and turned in a circle,
"What?" I asked, Carlos turned to me panic in his eyes,
"Where's Faith?" He asked frantically, my heart stopped, I quickly glanced around, sure enough Faith was no where to be seen.
"Oh my gosh!" I said, I panicked,
"Okay let's be calm about this, you go that way I'll go this way, she can't have gone far, we'll text each other if we find her." Carlos said, I nodded and we both jogged off in different directions.  I jogged through the garages, panic was coursing through me, I was a terrible father. I soon realized there was no way a three year old could have gone this far, I turned around in a few circles trying to think of what to do.

"Charles? What's wrong?" I whipped around to find Lewis standing there, I stared at him with wide eyes,
"I can't find Faith!" I said, my voice was full of emotion, Lewis frowned,
"Where did you last see her?" He asked, I explained what happened while we walked back towards the Ferrari hospitality. Lando and Carlos met us at the hospitality and they hadn't found Faith either. I stood there trying to process what was happening,
"Okay let's not panic to to much, let's look at Ferraris security cameras." Lewis suggested, I nodded and we went to the security section of the hospitality.

We explained the situation and they quickly looked at the cameras, the found the time that we said we had last seen Faith and played the video. I watched with a sick feeling in my stomach as I watched Carlos and me in one corner and Faith in another corner, Faith slowly wandered farther and farther away before a man in black, with a hoodie over his face picked her up and walked away. My heart sank and I couldn't move, I could faintly hear Lewis calling 911 while Carlos and Lando tried to talk to me but I wasn't listening. The voices got more distant as I started to crumple to the ground.

.

"Wait wait, he's waking up." I slowly opened my eyes to see Lando and Carlos bending over me, I slowly sat up and noticed a lot more drivers in the room, pierre, max, yuki, and george had joined, Lando, Carlos and lewis. Pierre knelt beside me,
"Hey, you okay?" He asked softly, I slowly met his eyes, I shook my head as tears started to roll down my face, pierre pulled me into a tight hug,
"I'm a terrible dad." I sobbed into his shoulder,
"No your not, don't worry we'll get her back." He said, trying his best to comfort me.

A/n:
Well a dramatic turn of events! Also if you like this book you should check out my f1/ nascar oneshots, there is a oneshot about Charles very similar to this chapter!