Chapter 11

I was woken up by Arthur gently shaking me, I slowly opened my eyes and found we had made it home and were now parked in front of my house. I guess I had fallen asleep on the way home, the after affects of my panic attack from the crowd were still there. My lungs ached and my eyes were puffy and I was completely exhausted. Arthur had to practically pull me out of the car, I winced at how much my body protested.

"I'm sorry." Arthur said sadly when he saw my face,
"Not your fault, you didn't do anything." I quickly told him. He gently helped me into the house and into bed. Mom followed and helped me get comfortable before kissing me on the head and leaving. Arthur was gonna be staying with me so he climbed into the bed next to me and I quickly fell asleep with my head on his shoulder.

.

"Charles, come on wake up." I slowly opened my eyes to find Arthur standing over me, I groaned as I shifted body away from him.
"Go away." I mumble, as I become more and more awake I'm hit by how much my head and body is pounding.
"No, I'm supposed to wake you up every couple of hours. I didn't do that last night cause you looked so tired. But now you need to wake up and take your medicine." He explained as he handed me a glass of water and some pills.
"I hate medicine." I grumbled as I took the pills.

Arthur watched me sadly before turning and opening the blinds.
"Don't look at me like that." I complained,
"Everyone looks at me so sad, with so much pity, it makes me sick." I played with my cast not looking up, I felt the bed dip as Arthur sat next to me.
"Sorry, wanna watch something?" He asked, I nodded, he put a show on and we watched in silence.

.

We hadn't moved an inch, still watching the show when we heard the door open. Arthur paused it,
"Hello?" He called out looking confused,
"It's just me." A familiar French accent replied, seconds later Pierre walked into the room. He had a very serious look on his face as he sat down on the other side of me. He pulled out his phone and handed it to me, Arthur moved closer to me so he could read over my shoulder.

On the screen there was another picture of Faith, she looked even worse than the previous picture. There was a location and a date below the picture.
I felt tears sliding down my face, Arthur gently wrapped his arms around me and carefully hugged me, being very careful of my injuries.
"The police are taking care of it, that's were the kidnappers want the money to be exchanged." Pierre explained. I nodded slowly,
"Is it actually gonna happen tho?" I asked quietly, the silence I got in response answered it for me. There was no way to confirm if we gave them the money we'd actually get Faith back.

Pierre stayed almost the entire day which I was glad cause I was already bored as heck staying in bed.

.

Over the next two weeks my emotions were up and down, I was bored and tired of staying in bed and Arthur was getting quite fed up with trying to keep me in bed. Max and Pierre came a couple days and Lando and Carlos came some other days as well. Mom and Lorenzo came a lot as well, it always cheered me up a bit but when they left I went straight back to being left alone with my thoughts. Nights were the worst, I would just lay there with my thoughts. Arthur knew me well enough to know that I would start over thinking if I was left alone so he slept with me most nights. I was more then grateful for Arthur, there was some days were he would have to practically shove food down my throat. But he was extremely patient with me and had put his life on hold to take care of me.

I was finally allowed to walk around and do stuff, the first two days I pushed myself to hard and ended up passing out in the living room scaring the snot out of Arthur.

.

I walked into the living room and sat next to Arthur,
"I wanna go somewhere." I said, he glanced over at me,
"Where?" I shrugged slowly,
"Somewhere other than here, I'm bored. Maybe a walk outside, I haven't been outside in weeks." Arthur raised an eyebrow,
"You were just on the balcony this morning." He pointed out, I rolled my eyes,
"That doesn't count, I want to go for a walk outside, I'm fine I can do it." I said as he gave me a sceptical look. "Please?"

"Fine! But don't tell mom I agreed to this." He said standing up, I grinned up at him and went to grab a hoodie. We walked outside and slowly walked around Monaco.

"Mom gonna kill me." Arthur muttered, I glanced at him,
"Why?" Arthur gestured to the other side of the street, I frowned when I saw some fans videoing us. "Let them video, let them see I'm better." I said, but I still pulled my hood farther down to cover my face more. I noticed Arthur doing the same,
"How are you feeling? Tired?" Arthur asked, I sighed,
"A bit tired." I admit, Arthur nods and we make our way back home, carefully making sure no one was following us.