Chapter 14

I opened the door slowly, and walked in. She was laying on a bed, a machine monitoring her heart beat and a IV in her arm. There was a couple other things connected to her but I wasn't sure what they were. Her face was pale and covered in bruises, around her eyes were dark circles and her cheek bones jutted out. Her arms were just as bruised as her face, she had lost a lot of weight.

She looked so small and innocent, it broke my heart to see her like this. She was asleep so I let a few tears fall, I moved to a chair by her bed and gently picked up her hand and held it.

Anger welled up in me, how could someone do this to my innocent baby girl?

I sat there for an hour and a half before Faith started to wake up. I sat bolt up right as I watched her open her eyes, she stared blankly at me for a minute.

"Hi baby." I said softly, her eyes filled with tears and she held her arms out for a hug. I more than happily hugged her, being very careful of all the wires and her bruises.
"I missed you daddy." She whispered, the tears started to stream down my face,
"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry." I whispered.

I pulled away and sat back down in the chair, I held her hand again. I wiped my tears with the other hand.
"Why are you crying daddy?" Faith asked,
I smiled at her, "cause daddy missed you so much, and daddy doesn't like to see you hurt." I said.

Faith nodded, she started to play with my ring. I sat there watching her, struggling to believe that this was real, that I had her back.

Eventually she fell back asleep and a doctor walked in.
"Good morning, my name is Dr. Reed." He offered his hand, I smiled and shook his hand.
"I'm Charles." I said introducing my self.

"Nice to meet you, so Faith is going to be released tomorrow morning. Other than bruises and being slightly malnourished she's in surprisingly good condition. Over the next couple weeks your going to have to make sure she's getting the vitamins she needs and that she's eating enough. One thing that I'm very concerned about is her mental health, we obviously don't know what she went through, what was done or said to her, therefore we have to proceed with caution. I would highly recommend therapy sessions, and just be mindful of what types of settings she's in or how many people she's around." Dr. Reed explained.

I nodded, "yes I was planning on doing therapy." We continued to chat more about her condition before Dr. Reed left and I went back to watching Faith.

...

I woke up with my head on faiths hospital bed, I sat up straight and groaned at my stiff neck. I smiled at Faith who was still sleeping.

I went and did all the paper work to get her released from the hospital. When I finished I went back to Faiths room and gently woke her up.
"Morning sun shine, today we're going to go home, okay?" Faith smiled sleepily at me. A nurse came and un hooked her from all the wires and stuff. I helped Faith change into some sweats and a hoodie before gently carrying her down it of the room.

The security was waiting in the hallway, they walked with us down to the lobby of the hospital and then put into the parking lot. Just Faith and I got into the taxi and went to the airport.

At the airport we were met by a different set of security guards. I don't know who set this up but it was greatly appreciated. They walked with us to the plane and Faith and I boarded the private plane.

Faith immediately fell asleep, I smiled and let my self drift off into sleep.