Chapter 10

It had been a week since the accident and I was still in the hospital. The doctors were gonna release me tomorrow and than I was gonna be stuck at home on bed rest for two weeks and then I'm supposed to take it super slow and easy. So far if everything goes smoothly the doctor think I'll be back in the car by Brazil or Las Vegas.

Everything hurt, my head and collarbone were by far the worst. I had stood up a couple times with the help of Arthur and Lorenzo and if it wasn't for them I would have been on the floor. Even sitting up sometimes made me woozy, I also threw up a lot the first couple days. It was miserable. I was also extremely bored, there only so much tv your allowed to watch with a concussion and there is literally nothing else to do in here.

The other drivers were in Spain so Carlos and the others weren't here to talk to. All I had was my family, and they could only come in visiting hours which were 11am to 6pm which was stupidly short in my opinion. That left me too much time to my own thoughts.

I glanced over at the clock in the wall, 8pm, I sighed I couldn't wait for tomorrow so I could get out of this joint. I glanced up as a nurse walked in, she checked somethings before marking something in my chart.
"Okay Mr. Leclerc, you seem to be doing pretty good anything hurt more than before? Anything feel different?" She asked, I shook my head,
"Nope."
"Okay that's good, your probably gonna hear this tomorrow as well but that's okay cause it's important. Just remember to keep eating, your very underweight to begin with so with this accident it could affect how fast you heal. So the next couple weeks make sure to focus on your physical and mental health." She said, I sighed, I had already heard this from many different nurses. Everyone was so concerned over how underweight I was, but if your daughter was kidnapped and was now being held for ransom and you had no idea if she was alive or not, you'd be underweight as well.

The nurse nodded before walking out, I sighed and slowly started to doze off.

.

I woke up to sun shining through the window, I glanced at the clock and found it was 7am. Two hours before my mom and Arthur come, they were allowed to come early cause I was getting released today.

Half an hour later the doctor walked in, he smiled cheerfully at me and I wanted to punch the smile right off his face.
"Well todays the day you get to go home." He said like I was a child. I frowned at home,
"Wow so exciting." I said sarcastically, I wasn't trying to be rude, but after an entire week of being stuck with these overly cheerful idiots who treat me like I'm five, my fuse is a little short.
"What you aren't excited?" He asked as he picked my chart up and started going through some papers.
"Not a lot to be excited about." I said, he raised an eyebrow,
"I guess, you got any kids?" He asked, trying to change the subject, he could not have picked a worse question. I swallowed hard,
"Yeah, a daughter." I said quietly, he smiled,
"How old is she?" He asked,
"Three."
"I have a five year old myself, they can be a handful at times that's for sure. I don't see her often as I have long shifts, I assume that's probably the same for you as a f1 driver, or does she travel with you?" He pried deeper, it was an innocent conversation, he just obviously didn't know what was going.
"She usually travels with me." I said,  he smiles,
"That's nice, I'm sure she's gonna be happy to have you back home." He said,
"I wish." I said sadly, he gave me a confused look, I sighed, "you could just look me up, it'd be one of the first stories." I said, he looked even more confused. He put the chart down and pulled his phone out.

I frowned I hadn't expected him to actually do it, especially not in front of me. I watched him as his eyes widened,
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know." He said, I met his eyes and I was disgusted by the amount of pity in his eyes. I didn't want people pity, I don't want their sympathy all I wanted was my daughter back in one piece.

.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, dressed in sweats and a hoodie when my mom and Arthur walked in.
"You ready to get out of this crap hole?" Arthur asked, earning himself a glare from my mom,
"Absolutely." I said.

There was a ton of paparazzis outside the hospital, some how it had been leaked that today was the day I was getting released. Arthur pulled my hood over my head as we walked out, I kept my head down as I walked through the flashing cameras. My head pounded painfully, and I felt sick, my breath speeded up as people closed in around us. People screamed questions at us, Arthur kept a strong grip on on my good arm and dragged me through the crowd while my mom followed close behind.

My legs felt shaky and I questioned if I was gonna make it to the car. Breathing was getting harder and harder and the gasping for air made my ribs and collar bone ache. I stumbled a bit and Arthur quickly caught me, he paused for a second and peaked under my hood and met my eyes. He scanned my face trying to read whether I was okay or not, I saw a bit of panic in his eyes as well. I gave him a small nod to tell him to keep going, we were half way to the car I couldn't stop now I had to keep going. The press already had enough to talk about me in the media.

Arthur started walking again, I could hear him using some pretty colourful language towards the press and fans. I felt a tear start to slide down my face, my head hurt so bad. I just managed to survive a massive crash, it was a known fact I had a concussion and still people screamed and shouted at me and flashed their cameras.

Finally we made it to the car Arthur opened the door and I quickly got in, i got in too fast and every part of my body protested but at least I had a door between me and the screaming crowd. Mom hopped in the back and Arthur climbed into the drivers seat, he started the car and we drive away.

Mom gently rubbed my good arm as I tried to get my breathing back to normal, I wiped the tears away with a very shaky hand.
"I'm sorry, if I had known they were that bad I wouldn't have taken you out through them." Arthur said softly, he glanced over at me, I shrugged,
"It's okay." I said, I leaned my head on the cold glass.

A/n:

Thank you so much for all the votes! I can't believe it's already 7k reads!