Chapter 13

I paced back and forth in the hotel, there had been no updates yet and it was killing me. What if she got killed while they were trying to get her away from the kidnappers? A hundred worst case scenarios where running through my head. I sat down on the bed and held my head in my hands, my heart was beating like crazy.

My phone buzzed and I jumped to my feet. I quickly answered it.

Hello?

Is this Charles Leclerc?

Yes

Okay great, just calling from the FBI to keep you updated. The team as just reached the house that she's been spotted at.

Okay, how long will everything take?

If everything goes smoothly it shouldn't be much longer.

Okay, thank you so much

No problem.

The phone clicked as they hung up, I put my phone back in my pocket with shaking hands. This was really happening, I might actually get to see my daughter again.

I kept an eye on the clock but everything seemed to be moving at snails pace. It was like every minute was an hour.

It had been twenty minutes and still nothing, i paced back and forth. I had tried to do stuff to take my mind of it but it didn't work. I was starting to sweat I was so stressed.

Another ten minutes went by, I had wanted nothing more than to go with the people trying to get her, but I had been strictly told that I was to stay in my hotel room until further instructions. I had wanted to scream at them that this was my daughter but in the end decided it was best just to go along with whatever they say.

Another twenty minutes went by, this was taking longer than I thought it would. Maybe something went wrong? Was she alive? I don't think I'd be able to live if there was something wrong with her.

Another twenty minutes went by before my phone rang again, I grabbed it and answered in a record breaking time.

Charles Leclerc speaking

Hello I'm from the fbi but I figuring you already knew that, I'm happy to inform you that we have been able to successfully extract your daughter and the kidnappers have been arrested.

My legs gave out from under me and I collapsed to the floor, tears of joy streaming down my face.

Thank you, is she okay?

She has been taken to the hospital, I'm sorry that's all the information I have currently. You can go see her tho.

Okay thank you so much again

No problem

I was in my feet and out the door in a blink of the eye, I got in my rental car and drove to the hospital. My hands were shaking the entire way there. I couldn't process what was happening.

I practically sprinted into the hospital, there was a ton of police and security but everyone just nodded and let me through obviously recognizing me. One man who seemed to kinda be in charge stopped me.

"She's in a room upstairs, it's got heavy security and anyone who visits her will have to have conformation from you." He explained, I nodded, i just wanted to sprint to her but I still didn't exactly know where she was. "I'm sure your anxious to see her, so follow me." I breathed a sigh of relief as he gestured for me to follow him into the elevator. I stared down at my shaking hands as we rode up in silence.

As we stepped out and made our way down the hallway, he cleared his throat.
"We strongly suggest to all parents in this circumstance to trying and keep contact to a minimal, we obviously don't know the full extent of what she's been through." I nodded, I had already been thinking that, as much as I wanted to hold her tight and never let go, it was probably best for her if things went more slowly. I prayed again that she wouldn't be to traumatized, I sure hoped they hadn't done anything to her.

He came to a stop in front of a door, there was to men outside of it. One to the right of the door and another across the hall, both look strong and I could see the guns and batons on their hip. After giving the hallway a quick glance I was happy to see multiple security cameras nearby.

The man nodded and mr me before giving a nod to the other two men and leaving back the way we came. I stood for a second in front of the door, reminding myself I had to stay strong. I had to be her rock, I had to be there for her. She needed me and I couldn't break in front of her.