Chapter 15

I was sitting on the couch with Faith curled up on my lap, her head on my chest. We had only been home for a couple hours, I was so relieved that Faith seemed okay with physical contact, she was definitely more hesitant and I made sure to tell her I was going to touch before doing so. She was more quiet than she had been before and she was so so so skinny. She had been small to begin with but this was just crazy. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

I ran my fingers through her soft brown curls,
"Faith, do you want to phone some people to let them know your okay?" I asked softly, I watched as she seemed to think about it before giving a small nod.
"I don't want to talk tho." She said quietly,
"That's okay I can do all the talking." I quickly reassured her.

I pulled out my phone and opened FaceTime, I hit Arthur's name and waited while it rang.

Arthur face appeared on the screen, but I  could tell he wasn't paying attention, he was looking at something else.
"What's up Charles?" He asked still not looking, I smirked slightly and kept silent, confused on the no response Arthur finally looked at the screen.

He screamed and dropped the phone.
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!" I could hear arthur yelling in the background, eventually he picked his phone up of the floor.
"She's back." I said happily, arthur calmed down a bit and just stared at the screen.

"I missed you Faith." He said softly, Faith gave him a little smile. "Is she okay?" Arthur asked directing his question to me. I have a small shrug,
"Malnourished and pretty bruised but other than that physically she's fine, mentally I don't know yet." I admit sadly.
Arthur nods. "Well if you ever need me at all, day or night I'm here."
"Thanks arthur, it's appreciated." I said.

We talked for a bit more before hanging up, i than called my mom and Lorenzo, after talking to them for a bit I started on some of the drivers.

I called Pierre and waited patiently as it rang, eventually he picked up.
"Hey Charles, just warning you Lando, Carlos and Max are here." He said, "we're hanging out playin..." Pierre trailed off, his eyes were wide.
"Holy.." he started to say but got cut off by Lando,
"What?? What happened??" Lando asked leaning over Pierre's shoulder to see the screen. Carlos and max appear behind Pierre as well.

"No way!" Max shouts,
"Oh thank goodness!!" Carlos says his voice full of relief,  Lando just stands there in shock.

"She's all in one piece, malnourished and bruised but other than that she seems physically fine." I tell them.

"Oh I am so glad, you've got better security now right?" Max asks.
I nod, "yup, I've got a super fancy security system in my house and than whenever we leave I've got body guards that will go everywhere with us." I explain.

"Now you can focus on training a little more and get back into the car by the end of the season." Pierre said, I nod, I could definitely rest easier at night knowing that Faith is safe.
And getting back into the car was definitely on my list of things I need to focus on however right now at the very top of the list was to make sure Faith was okay and make sure she was able to adjust back into normal life.

A/n:
Bit of a shorter one today, just warning you the book is getting close to the end.