Chapter 12

It had been 2 months since the accident. I was slowly getting back to semi normal, it was a long slow painful process but I was making some improvements. And with Arthur living with me at first I was also back to eating properly again. My cast had been taken off but my arm was still in a sling due to my broken collarbone, but I didn't have to have that on much longer.

The date of the exchange was getting closer and I was getting so nervous, a million things could go wrong. The police hoped to use the money as bait and then once Faith was handed over capture the kidnappers. I honestly didn't care how it went down as long as at the end of the day I had my daughter.

I was currently watching a movie, Arthur was back to working so I was alone. I jumped a bit as my phone started ringing.

Hello?

Is this Charles Leclerc?

Yes?

Ok, I'm an FBI officer, I'm calling to inform you that there has been a spotting of your daughter outside of a house in Miami.

My heart stopped.

When?

This morning, I am aware that you had planned to fly here soon for the money exchange. But we plan on getting your daughter back today, so if you could fly here as soon as possible.

I felt like I was dreaming, my heart bested loudly in my chest. I was already grabbing my laptop to book a flight.

Yup I'll be on the next flight over.

Good, we'll keep you updated

Thank you so much

No problem

I hung up and sat back in shock, I then got up and packed a bag. I pulled out my phone and called Arthur.

What's up Charles?

Faiths been spotted.

WHAT??!?! WHEN??? WHERE?!?!?

Miami this morning she was spotted outside of a house.

NO FREAKING WAY!!!

I'm flying to Miami on the next flight out.

Okay, I can call mom and Lorenzo, we'll be praying

Thanks, they gonna try and get her today, Arthur I'm so nervous. What if something goes wrong?

Charles don't do this to your self, it's gonna go fine. Don't think of the what ifs.

I talked with Arthur for a bit longer before hanging up, I still had some time to kill before my plane left so I texted Pierre.

Pierre, I'm literally freaking out right now!!!

Why?

Faiths been spotted their gonna try and get her back today, I'm flying over to Miami soon.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope it goes okay, I'm sure it will.

I keep having to pinch myself

At least you won't have to pay

I know, I am loaded but 30 million is not something I just have.

We'll keep me updated

Of course I'll text you if anything interesting or important happens

Okay, would you like me to tell some of the others?

No, let's just keep it between us, my family know but that's it

Okay.

I put my phone in my pocket and locked up my house before heading to the airport. After signing and taking some pictures with fans I boarded the plane.

The entire plane ride I was filled with so much anxiety. I was gonna need a lot more security if I got Faith back, if I got Faith back I don't think I'd ever let her go.

I smiled at that thought, to be even able to not let her go. I hadn't held my daughter for months, I had already missed three years of her life now this. Poor Faith couldn't catch a break, she deserves so much better than this, a better father one that can actually protect her. When I get Faith back she is gonna be so spoiled, so loved, I just hope with all my body that she won't have changed too much, I couldn't imagine the trauma she's gone through.