Chapter 2.

Hi Guys,

So I hope you have met Lily and Alastair already. Please share your thoughts on the characters as the story is in initial stage so if there is something lacking it can be fixed. 

And although happy ending is not my forte but please let me know if you would want that. I can try to work on it. And please vote, comment and share the story.

Now let's dive into the story and shower Lily with love, okay?

******

It was around two in the night when she had heard some sounds coming from the kitchen that jolted her up from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, letting out a small yawn and before she could even glance at the clock hanging on the wall, the door of the bedroom burst open making her flinch a little at the sudden intruder.

Her breathing quickened for a second, but she relaxed as soon as her eyes fell on the man who walked inside the room with a half empty bottle of water in his hand.

"Easton," She called out softly, her voice a little raspy due to just waking up. The said man's brown eyes fell on her the minute he heard his name and the calm expression on his face was instantly replaced by a frown.

"Why are you up, Lily?" She finally heard her husband's voice within the walls of their bedroom. He had come home after four days.

"I was sleeping but got up when I heard some noises from the kitchen." She answered quietly.

His frown visibly deepened and he let out a loud scoff, "I just took out a bottle of water from the refrigerator and the sound managed to wake you up" He rolled his eyes at her, "Could you be any more annoying?"

Lily felt a tug at her heart with his words but she gulped that slight pain down her throat, understanding that her husband had not slept properly in the past few days and he might just be grumpy. She knew he did not mean any of it.

"I am going to heat the dinner for us, you should take a shower." Lily was on her feet, pulling her hair together to tie them in a messy bun.

"No need, I have already eaten out with Sarah on my way back." Easton answered as he walked up to the wardrobe and pulled out a random t-shirt and a jogger with a boxer.

"Oh, okay" Lily muttered silently as she saw him going inside the bathroom and she was left alone with her longest companion, silence.

She stood there, without moving at all for a minute until her stomach growled loudly, pulling her out of thoughts. She instantly put her right hand over her growling stomach and patted it lightly.

She knew she needed to eat otherwise Easton would scold her again, for not eating and disturbing his sleep and with that thought she went inside the kitchen and started to heat the soup in the microwave.

It was around five to seven minutes later when she walked inside the bedroom and saw him drying his hair with the towel. She placed the hot cup of tea on the nightstand and walked up to him, grabbing the towel from his hand. She smiled at him, "Let me help you." And he let her without showing any resistance.

She stood up on her toe as the man was towering over her small frame of five foot five inches with his solid five foot eleven inches, she felt him gently grabbing her waist to support her and the small gesture of care coloured her pale skin red.